Women Cricket World Cup 2009

ahmm what about the news of women getting burned alive, rap*d, getting married to dogs, monkeys and donkeys, etc etc from the country which treats every person the same. There are problems in every society, so learn to deal with it. I know millions of Pakistani people who respect and treat women as equal to men. If you want to give examples of some idiot fanatic then go on keep ranting about it. Won't give a penny.
This from a man who comes from a country where women get raped to get visas for Canada....clap, clap, clap...by the way, how is women's education going in the Swat valley? I hear the Sufi Rehman Baba's samadhi was blown up because women visit it? What next? Will they blow up everybody's kitchen?
ahmm what about the news of women getting burned alive' date=' rap*d, getting married to dogs, monkeys and donkeys, etc etc from the country which treats every person the same. There are problems in every society, so learn to deal with it. I know millions of Pakistani people who respect and treat women as equal to men. If you want to give examples of some idiot fanatic then go on keep ranting about it. Won't give a penny. :winky:[/quote'] well for every man there are 4 women if thatz what u call treatin equally ...i bet u failed every math exam OUTSIDE PAK!
ahmm what about the news of women getting burned alive' date=' rap*d, getting married to dogs, monkeys and donkeys, etc etc from the country which treats every person the same. There are problems in every society, so learn to deal with it. I know millions of Pakistani people who respect and treat women as equal to men. If you want to give examples of some idiot fanatic then go on keep ranting about it. Won't give a penny. :winky:[/quote']Difference is in most societies those are crimes and in some it's honorable to kill, 4 male witnesses are necessary to prove rape, women are stoned for "affairs", all in the name of religion, laws and honor to women and family mashallah.
show some sanity and leave women out of your regular nonsense and garbage against Pakistan.
That's the whole point. Only one of them actually looks like a woman (and she's still ugly). AND yes, I'm well aware the Indian team are ugly as well (from when I last showed interest in women's cricket, about 4-5 years ago), but I remember most of them were still identifiable as women, if not attractive ones. Going by your country's track record/reputation at cheating, I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually men...
:(( no wonder paakis wanna goto heaven sshtraight to b with 72 virgins... explains the real objective of these jihads..
Well, according to this, even more trouble awaits them: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTW9aHf--co]YouTube - Funny Family Guy Moments - Suicide Bomber[/ame] Oh, and by the way, I can't pretend to be excited about women's cricket, but will say well done to the team for the win. I suspect if I was Pakistani *shudders*, and Pakistan had won, I'd have fired a couple of rockets into the sky, and shared in joy with my fellow countrymen, as we'd all be provided a national holiday. The "girls" would surely have a parade on their return too, even if they were heavily defeated in all the other matches they played...

Women’s World Cup : Australia slip up in opener New Zealand sprang a surprise on the second day of the women’s World Cup by beating reigning champions Australia, while West Indies saw off South Africa with just eight balls to spare. More... Australia slip up in opener 8 March 2009 New Zealand sprang a surprise on the second day of the women’s World Cup by beating Australia at North Sydney Oval. Australia went into the tournament as one of the favourites to lift the trophy they won four years ago, but they suffered a 13-run defeat under the Duckworth-Lewis method after rain intervened. The game was abandoned shortly before 5.30 local time with Australia 132 for six chasing New Zealand’s 205 – condemning the hosts to defeat in their opening match. Captain Haidee Tiffen hit 57 for New Zealand, but pace bowler Kate Pulford was named player of the match after returning figures of 3-32. “I am delighted with the victory over the world’s number one team but I think we should have scored around 240 or 250," said Tiffen. "Losing seven wickets for 36 runs is not our standard and we certainly need to look at this area and try to not only bat all 50 overs but need to convert good starts into big scores." West Indies opened their campaign with a two-wicket win over South Africa in Newcastle. Teenager Stafanie Taylor starred for West Indies, taking 4-17 to restrict South Africa to 116 despite Alicia Smith’s 46. And, though West Indies lost Taylor and Deandra Dottin early in their reply, they sneaked home with eight balls to spare. They were thankful for Shanel Daley’s 26, while Stacy-Ann King and Cordel Jack shared a crucial stand of 38 for the fifth wicket. West Indies captain Merissa Aguilleira said: “We knew what we had to do and we came out and did it. “We knew we could take our time (getting the runs) - the girls didn't rush anything. Even though it took a long time at the end of the day we came away with the win.” Taylor, who was named player of the match, added: “I'm very pleased with my performance and happy with the win. We were very confident (in reaching the target), but while chasing small totals anything could happen." South Africa captain Sunette Loubser blamed her team's poor display with the bat for their defeat. "We were a bit lax and we let the match slip out of our grip," she said. "I think the bowlers did a wonderful job by containing their batters, but I think we needed to have scored more runs in order to be able to defend them." The only match to take place tomorrow will see Sri Lanka, who lost their opening game against England, take on Pakistan - heavily beaten by India yesterday - in Canberra.

Pakistan women surprise Sri Lanka Pakistan upset Sri Lanka by 57 runs to record their first win at the Women's World Cup. More... Pakistan women surprise Sri Lanka ICC Women's World Cup, Manuka Oval: Pakistan 161-7 (50 overs) beat Sri Lanka 104 (39.4 overs) by 57 runs Match scorecard _45548313_pakistan226getty.jpgPakistan celebrate after taking the final Sri Lankan wicket Pakistan bounced back from defeat by India with a 57-run win over Sri Lanka at the Women's World Cup in Sydney. It was their first win in 19 matches against Sri Lanka and gave them an excellent chance of making the Super Six phase of the tournament. Pakistan totalled 161-7 from their 50 overs and then bowled out Sri Lanka for just 104, with medium-pacer Qanita Jalil taking 3-33 from eight overs. "It was a performance to be proud of," said skipper Urooj Mumtaz. Sri Lanka never recovered from losing their first three wickets with only 28 on the board and although captain Shashikala Siriwardene made 58 from 11 balls, she lacked the support necessary to steer them towards their target. She was eventually run out by Javeria Khan and the game ended when Sana Mir, who had contributed an unbeaten 22 earlier in the game, had Sripali Weerakkody caught to finish with figures of 2-18. "It was a complete team effort and every player played her role to perfection," said Mumtaz. "The batters stayed at the wicket to ensure we played out 50 overs, while the bowlers bowled straight and were excellently backed up by the fielders. "There is always a first time and I am glad that we ended our win drought in the World Cup and also against Sri Lanka." Pakistan next play England on Thursday in their final first-round fixture and Mumtaz added: "Our feet are still on the ground as we know plenty of cricket still has to be played in the tournament and anything can happen."

Upbeat India takes on England in women's WC After spanking arch-rivals Pakistan in their opening encounter, confident Indian eves will look to carry forward the momentum when they lock horns with England in a Group-B match in the ICC Women's World Cup in Sydney. More... Upbeat India takes on England in women's WC Press Trust Of India Sydney, March 09, 2009 First Published: 16:14 IST(9/3/2009) Last Updated: 16:16 IST(9/3/2009) After spanking arch-rivals Pakistan in their opening encounter, confident Indian eves will look to carry forward the momentum when they lock horns with England in a Group-B match in the ICC Women's World Cup in Sydney on Tuesday. The Indian team, led by experienced Jhulan Goswami, started their campaign in style, defeating Pakistan by 10 wickets, and the convincing win will surely add to their confidence about scrapping past the Britons. In Tuesday's match, Indians will want to cash on the experience of bats-woman Anjum Chopra, who is playing in her fourth World Cup, to tame the English bowling attack which consists of Isa Guha and Laura Marsh. Indian women, who fell just one step short of lifting the Cup in the last edition, seem highly confident about achieving the feat this time and winning tomorrow's match will be an important hurdle crossed to inch closer to the next round. "Winning a World Cup has always been a dream and if we are able to achieve it then it is going to be great but our next match is the most important. It was a good start for us and it always feels good to begin with a win and then keep that momentum going," Anjum said. The role of opener duo Anagha Deshpande and Anjum will be crucial in setting up a stiff target or chasing down a challenging score set by the opponents, who drubbed Sri Lanka in their first match by 100 runs. Skipper Jhulan will surely not hesitate to depend on her bowling line up which crumbled Pakistani batting department for a paltry 57, thanks to a witty and stifling show. Jhulan's new-ball partner medium pacer Rumeli Dhar scalped three wickets for just seven runs, while his teammate Amita Sharma spend only nine runs to bag two wickets in their previous match in Bowral. But the beleaguered England is neither complacent after the thumping win in the first match, nor is worried before Tuesday's clash which is expected to be a engrossing one and hoping to replace India on top of the Group-B tally. "India is a good side and we have never doubted that. We are focused only on our game and we know if we play to our best we can be unbeatable and we just want to play at the top of our game. "We want to prove a point and improve in Tuesday's game," England opening bats-woman Sarah Taylor said on eve of the battle. Although both India and England have won their respective opening matches, the Britons are figuring on the second position in the points table, thanks to the difference in net run-rate.

Pakistan upset Sri Lanka by 57 runs to record their first win at the Women's World Cup. More... Pakistan women surprise Sri Lanka ICC Women's World Cup, Manuka Oval: Pakistan 161-7 (50 overs) beat Sri Lanka 104 (39.4 overs) by 57 runs
whao...I didn't know that the Lankan girls were the minnows of this world cup. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to a good performance by our team against the Pommie girls!
I think the only way to make women's cricket popular is by sex-ing it. Get some hot babes and I would gladly watch test matches.
I completely agree. Instead of power plays we should have bikini plays where all the hotties have to play in bikinis with slow motion run ups while the ugly ones have to play in the full burkha/veil thing.