Loss of lives and protests

King

Angry fans bring players down from pedestalAdd to Clippings NEW DELHI: ?When I die I will see God, today I will settle 4 Sachin? ? screamed posters in Port of Spain. On Saturday, a nation mourned India?s worst-ever outing in the World Cup, with slogans like ?Port of Suicide for Team India? summing up spectator anger back home. Three fans died, two of shock-related cardiac arrests and another committed suicide. Effigies were burnt, as people took to the streets, blackening and burning posters of their ?fallen gods?. Lewd messages were flashed across about the Indian team. Cricket enthusiast P Raju, 32, died of a heart attack early on Saturday morning. His wife Kavitha woke up at 4.30 am to find her husband of one year, sitting in a state of stupor. ??We have lost the match, we played miserably,?? an upset Raju told his wife, collapsing on his chair. A little later he was shifted to a nearby clinic, where he was declared dead. Dr D Singaraiah told TOI Raju had no history of cardiac problems. ??The shock of defeat was probably too much for him to handle.?? The loss also snuffed the life of 49-year-old Vishal Parihar in Ahmedabad. His wife got up to fetch milk in the morning, when she heard the TV still on. ??Thinking Vishal had slept off, she shook him and found him dead,?? a neighbour said, adding that the shell-shocked family locked up their home and left for their hometown after conducting the cremation. It was as though Kunal Kapoor?s curse in Bollywood film Hattrick had come true. Reports of mock funerals and people tonsuring their heads are pouring. Tendulkar, Sehwag and Dhoni lookalikes scurried for cover, as people chased and beat them up. Even they were doing a rethink on their idols, with many refusing to answer phones. In Ranchi, fans threw shoes at Dhoni?s posters and sought a ban on cricket ads. ??We want our players to play for the country and not for raising their ad charges,?? said Deepak, one furious fan. The sentiment struck a chord in the western region as well. In Ahmedabad, vascular surgeon Malay Patel and his colleagues decided not to use any product endorsed by the cricketers. ??We should stop worshipping false heroes.?? Some corporate executives echoed the rage. ??From now on, we all have agreed to boycott products endorsed by our cricketing heroes ? be it cars, motorcycles, biscuits and beverages,?? said Shrujal Patel, of Srinath Enterprises, adding that more people were joining the cause. If some indulged in Gandhigiri , others hit the streets. Heads were tonsured and mock funerals conducted in Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune and Patna. ?? U r cordially invitd 2 atnd d Mundan Cermny of Indian Crckt Team at India GT. Plz brng chpals & egs with u. Snd ths msg 2 evry Indians so they also cm with their stuff?? ? was one of the SMSes doing the rounds in Orissa. In Puri, fans paraded the team as lambs. ??We decided to parade lambs as they are considered meek. Dravid and Co meekly surrendered before the Lankan Lions,?? said Sabyasachi Rath, secretary of a judo club. But Bengal was more forgiving of Ganguly, even though posters of the team were garlanded with torn shoes and tarred pictures of cricketers. There were protests near Ganguly?s house too, but the ?Prince of Kolkata? was shielded from the ire. ??What can he do if the coach insists on mindless experimentation. We would not have been hurt had India fought till the end. The team simply crumbled. It is a shame that even Bangladesh will play in the second round,?? a fan in Behala lamented. The nation?s despair was summed by the SMS: ??Someone has kidnapped the Indian team and has demanded Rs 50 cr or they will burn them with kerosene. Please contribute, I have already donated 12 litres.??

Re: Loss of lives and protests yeah i remember getting a ton of those kinda SMSes on India vs Pak games.... I remember one in particular just prior to the 2003 WC game: "Every Indian should wear a condom today....cuz we are gonna f*ck Pakistan" :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Loss of lives and protests

yeah i remember getting a ton of those kinda SMSes on India vs Pak games.... I remember one in particular just prior to the 2003 WC game: "Every Indian should wear a condom today....cuz we are gonna f*ck Pakistan" :lmao: :lmao:
:hail:

yeah i remember getting a ton of those kinda SMSes on India vs Pak games.... I remember one in particular just prior to the 2003 WC game: "Every Indian should wear a condom today....cuz we are gonna f*ck Pakistan" :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Loss of lives and protests These people are nutters. How the f**k can you die of shock? You shouldn't be shocked, you should be used to it from Team India... I have to say, I was laughing out loud at this bit, it was hilarious:

Tendulkar, Sehwag and Dhoni lookalikes scurried for cover, as people chased and beat them up.

I felt pain on my left side yesterday as well and I am 32 (but super fit). Mera time a gaya hai kya? :hic:
...depends left side of what? phir to tera time gaya Then, ur moniker will change to gaya ka doodh :hmph:

32 year old died from heart attack? fack this man, guy dies at my age..no more enthu..it's not worth it This reminds of me Gambits posts, very sensational but so very wrong
may be he bet a fortune on India win :roll:
Perhaps he bet all his hope? not anything monetary