IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

varun

Wow. Considering the amount of time and energy varun has put into just about every aspect of the site (from databases, programming the SS setup, quizzes, betting and so many other awesome features here) while also moderating the forums and such - that's just a really pathetic and sad comment. The people who make the forum what it is do it for free. Guys like Varun, Ludhianvi, Ravi and Rajeev take a lot of time from their lives and have been putting a lot over the last few years into making this an awesome place for discussion and games, and all for nothing. Try and at least show them some respect at the very least if you can't appreciate the time and effort they put into ICF.
with due respects to Varun and to be fair to Dinakkar, he has explained his reason in a post almost immediately after Punter and others pointed out- Okay.. I have my full respects for the hard work behind creating this game... which is exactly why I'm so hooked onto it like an addict and I am not able to handle the fact that i am not able to make the changes prior to this game. I dont hve anyone from KKR or DC in my team at the moment, as I wanted to do the changes betwen the matches. Also, I could'nt pick Vettori after 4.00pm as i thought i wud defer that decision till after the toss. Varun and ICF have made me an addict and its fair that i complain to them when I have a problem, isnt it? so, let us close this issue. i am sure every single member who has put up a team in SS realises the effort Varun has put in. I can only marvel at his prowess and the dedication because he could have made a lot of money if he had done so much work with such passion elsewhere.Hats off to Varun. P.S: this edition has proved to be a disaster for me personally. i am close to tears. Albie Morkel's kit did not reach and it screwed my start.i have not recovered yet.

I am in the United States and I slept at 2 AM after ensuring that it is going to rain in Cape Town throughout the day, thanks to weather.com. I wake up around 9 only to notice the match very well got underway. I guess I lost about 230 points (keeping in mind the players I would have in my team) as opposed to 80 that I would have lost by subbing. Shame on me.

with due respects to Varun and to be fair to Dinakkar, he has explained his reason in a post almost immediately after Punter and others pointed out- Okay.. I have my full respects for the hard work behind creating this game... which is exactly why I'm so hooked onto it like an addict and I am not able to handle the fact that i am not able to make the changes prior to this game. I dont hve anyone from KKR or DC in my team at the moment, as I wanted to do the changes betwen the matches. Also, I could'nt pick Vettori after 4.00pm as i thought i wud defer that decision till after the toss. Varun and ICF have made me an addict and its fair that i complain to them when I have a problem, isnt it? so, let us close this issue. i am sure every single member who has put up a team in SS realises the effort Varun has put in. I can only marvel at his prowess and the dedication because he could have made a lot of money if he had done so much work with such passion elsewhere.Hats off to Varun. P.S: this edition has proved to be a disaster for me personally. i am close to tears. Albie Morkel's kit did not reach and it screwed my start.i have not recovered yet.
Albie Morkel's kit, Mcgrath rested, Mendis not played, Ganguly -25.3 .......... where do I stop?? Complete disaster for me but :hatsoff: to Varun

lol. i just got up to this raam katha. Here is the deal as Shwetabh already explained. The start times I get in the beginning of the tournament from cricinfo's fixtures page and I lock the substitutions when there are "matches going on" (as the system understands it) Once the match "starts", the match scorecard is checked every 10 minutes (unfortunately the vbulletin based cron-jobs can only allow min 10 minute gaps.. I might look for a better cron job scheduler that allows greater granularity) The end times I get from parsing the above mentioned scorecards when I detect that the match is over. So the issues are (to summarize) 1. Cricinfo needs to have the right fixtures page at the start of the tournament 2. We DO NOT HANDLE DELAYED STARTS (as of now atleast). 3. We depend on Cricinfo to maintain their scorecards up to date 4. If the space between the end of one match to the start of the other match (official start time) is less than 10 minutes, it is possible that you might not have an option to do substitutions. May I suggest in case of the IPL making your substitutions up front for both the matches. Vaise dinakkar caught me out :haha: I was heavily into weed during the time i wrote this :((

2. We DO NOT HANDLE DELAYED STARTS (as of now atleast).
Is it possible to use CI scorecard to spot the start of the match, ie, when the number of overs become non-zero ?
I was heavily into weed during the time i wrote this :((
Bought from Modi ?

Is it possible to use CI scorecard to spot the start of the match' date=' ie, when the number of overs become non-zero ?[/quote'] I could do that, but the issue with that is the granularity of the updates.. Since we update every 10 minutes it is possible that we don't lock the superselector for upto 10 minutes into the game... PS: Modi was into cocaine I think.. he's on a much higher plane I'm afraid :P

I did not notice the super selector and put it up only yesterday .. I got -528 subscription points as I selected my SS team a day late Now after today's matches I have 325 points with rank 179 .. so is this 325 points after deducting the subscription points :hmmmm2: .. so are my total ponts actually 853 :hmmm:

I did not notice the super selector and put it up only yesterday .. I got -528 subscription points as I selected my SS team a day late Now after today's matches I have 325 points with rank 179 .. so is this 325 points after deducting the subscription points :hmmmm2: .. so are my total ponts actually 853 :hmmm:
Since you joined late, you would've obviously picked players who did well (hence your initial score of 528). Since late joiners start with 0 as well, the system put a penalty of -528 points on your total. So no, your "actual" points aren't 853. They are 325... If the system didn't start you from 0, then you can imagine that a person might as well join at the end before the final and pick the top 16 players in his squad :winky:

Since you joined late' date=' you would've obviously picked players who did well (hence your initial score of 528). [b']Since late joiners start with 0 as well, the system put a penalty of -528 points on your total. So no, your "actual" points aren't 853. They are 325... If the system didn't start you from 0, then you can imagine that a person might as well join at the end before the final and pick the top 16 players in his squad :winky:
So is it deducted already or will it be deducted at the end of IPL :hmmmm:

So is it deducted already or will it be deducted at the end of IPL :hmmmm:
It got deducted at the time you joined (hence the substitution adjustments of -528). Your actual points at any time = (Sum of your current players' points + substitution adjustment)

Guest Hiten.
FAIL: The bug was just in the display of your points if you changed all your players and it has been fixed now :P
damn it :wall:

It got deducted at the time you joined (hence the substitution adjustments of -528). Your actual points at any time = (Sum of your current players' points + substitution adjustment)
But even if there are substitution points there are only 16 players .. and for 16 players it should be just 160 points .. how come it is -528 and not -160 :dontknow: Yaar it is unfair :((

But even if there are substitution points there are only 16 players .. and for 16 players it should be just 160 points .. how come it is -528 and not -160 :dontknow: Yaar it is unfair :((
No its not- OTOH it is very fair you can't get points for players before you started participating so -528 is only to bring you back to 0. Substitution has nothing to do with it- you are zimbly not understanding

The negative number is the number of points the players earned BEFORE you had them in your team. dumbass.