Spinning options?

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian
Mohnish Parmar' date=' R Ashwin comes to mind, Parmar has to work on his dodgy action[/quote'] Thats where the difference comes b/w indian and sri lankan.They dont alter their natural action.Look at malinga and murali.If murali can play why cant parmar?
Thats where the difference comes b/w indian and sri lankan.They dont alter their natural action.Look at malinga and murali.If murali can play why cant parmar?
Dude Parmar's action is real dodgy, i guess u havent seen him bowl before, good bowler thou
Guest gaurav_indian
Can't find a link as of now' date=' google for some of the articles on him, hez been a regular in the Gujarat team in the Ranjis[/quote'] yeah i know about him.But havent seen his action.If its dodgy then why was he allowed to play for gujrat?

Everytime time Harbhajan does well...it's the exception. That being said, I too would like to see Mishy Mishy cultivated more...I think he has good potential...I just wish he wasn't so short...he would get more bounce. The one andvantage to being so short is that he has to give the ball air...the ball has to arc from his hand delivery height upwards, to get above the eyeline of the batsmen and then dip down...this is a long trajectory for the batsmen's eyes to follow and can disorganise/disorient the batsmen at the crease. Couple turn into the equation and some bounce due to the drop height from the apex of the arc...and you have a potent weapon.

Everytime time Harbhajan does well...it's the exception. That being said, I too would like to see Mishy Mishy cultivated more...I think he has good potential...I just wish he wasn't so short...he would get more bounce. The one andvantage to being so short is that he has to give the ball air...the ball has to arc from his hand delivery height upwards, to get above the eyeline of the batsmen and then dip down...this is a long trajectory for the batsmen's eyes to follow and can disorganise/disorient the batsmen at the crease. Couple turn into the equation and some bounce due to the drop height from the apex of the arc...and you have a potent weapon.
I have nothing against Harbhajan..its just that he genuinely doesn't fill me with confidence.I wouldn't put any of the wickets he got in the first test down to particularly good piece of bowling.

ojha is still to be tested at the level he has done well in the limited oppurtunities he has got ashwin perhaps does not belong to this level jadeja is more of an all rounder, i hope this thread is looking for genuine spinners parmar seems to be an exciting prospect, once he settles his action dispute for the time being, pragyan ojha is the best option

a player who takes 42 wickets in ranji & is the leading wicket-taker, also looked impressive while bowling in intl matches, can turn the ball doesnt count to be a spinner just bcoz he can bat well:s: jadeja should be among the spinning options & should be a part of the india-a team in 4-day matches. and jadeja is a genuine spinner