Lara blames schedule for loss

What a wuss. I hope Ian chapal is feeling good about Laura. :shrug: West Indies captain Brian Lara admitted his team were feeling the effects of a hectic schedule after their third successive defeat in the last six days. "I thought the first 15 overs went really well, we had them at 50-2 but then they batted really well," he said after the 113-run loss to Sri Lanka. "It was tough, we've had four games in 10 days and you could feel some of the guys were a bit flat in the outfield. "We've got to pick up and fight because you never know what can happen." Lara conceded that Sanath Jayasuriya took the game away from his team with a swashbuckling century. "After the 15 overs Jayasuriya jumped on us and the next few overs cost something like 50 runs, which set the tone for the innings. "Credit must be given to Jayasuriya and the captain [Mahela] Jayawardene for their partnership." The Windies skipper suggested that the intense period of matches had affected his pace bowler Daren Powell, commenting: "He seems to have dropped about 10 kilometres in the last few days." The beleagured Windies have three matches remaining but are not back in action until 10 April when they face South Africa in Grenada. "We're going to have a couple of days off and re-assess the situation. We have to be sure we are fresh for the last three matches," Lara said.

Re: Lara blames schedule for loss He is right about the schedule. They ended up playing 3 consecutive days cause of the rain during the match vs the aussies. WI have played 3 Super 8 games already and some have yet to even play their 2nd one.

Re: Lara blames schedule for loss

He is right about the schedule. They ended up playing 3 consecutive days cause of the rain during the match vs the aussies. WI have played 3 Super 8 games already and some have yet to even play their 2nd one.
BTW the WC organizers did not plan for rain. They have 9 days rest coming up now. That is no reason for their dismal showing in the super 8 so far, no way. He's a master whinger from what I know.

Re: Lara blames schedule for loss Whats the excuse for the loss vs NZ & Australia then ? Straight away scheduled against tougher teams in the super-8s ? WI is a shy.te team & such a team, will lose regardless of the schedule. The only quality team they have beaten in the world cup so far, has been, Ireland (sorry: Pak fans :hic: )

He is right about the schedule. They ended up playing 3 consecutive days cause of the rain during the match vs the aussies. WI have played 3 Super 8 games already and some have yet to even play their 2nd one.
BTW the WC organizers did not plan for rain.
What do you mean? Yes, no one knows when it is going to rain. But second day is built in for weather disruption. I don't see why a team's schedule should be such that if they have to play on the 2nd day that they don't even get a day's break before playing their next. And why should the WI have to be done with their 3rd game before some teams even finish their 2nd. It is absurd to say the least. If anything as hosts they should be getting as favorable a schedule as possible with as much gap between games as the schedule permits.

Whats the excuse for the loss vs NZ & Australia then ? Straight away scheduled against tougher teams in the super-8s ?
They played 3 days in a row. NZ game was the next day after the 2nd day vs the aussies. Yes, they are a shitty team. So were we. But WI have every reason to be pissed off at the schedule. I would be fuming if it had happened to India and we had lost these games for any reason with such a schedule.

Whats the excuse for the loss vs NZ & Australia then ? Straight away scheduled against tougher teams in the super-8s ?
They played 3 days in a row. NZ game was the next day after the 2nd day vs the aussies. Yes, they are a ***** team. So were we. But WI have every reason to be pissed off at the schedule. I would be fuming if it had happened to India and we had lost these games for any reason with such a schedule.
' They were batting in the reserve day for god's sake. The bowlers did get their rest.

What do you mean? Yes, no one knows when it is going to rain. But second day is built in for weather disruption. I don't see why a team's schedule should be such that if they have to play on the 2nd day that they don't even get a day's break before playing their next. And why should the WI have to be done with their 3rd game before some teams even finish their 2nd. It is absurd to say the least. If anything as hosts they should be getting as favorable a schedule as possible with as much gap between games as the schedule permits.
Always wondered why the teams usually complains about the schedule after having played the games. Wonder why we didn't hear anything from Lara prior to the start of the world cup??? I'm sure he must have had a look at the schedule or perhaps not??? BTW they can't complain about fatigue considering they only batted against Australia on the second day. If they had spent full day fielding 50 overs prior another game I can understand. Anyways in the end it is only an excuse and nothing more than that.

Re: Lara blames schedule for loss You guys don't get it. I am not talking Lara here. I am talking about the idiots who did the scheduling. Is it very difficult to add a few parameters to your scheduling to ensure fairness? 1. No team gets to play 3 consecutive days if a rain situation were to happen. 2. All teams progress from games 1 to 2 and so on at an approx. same pace without screwing one team too much. Seems obvious to me that the schedule has shafted the WI big time.