Red Sox vs. Blue Jays discussion, (BASEBALL IS NOT A RANDOM SPORT, VARUN)

Mr. Wicket

2-0 in 2nd Innings (UP) B->....YEEEHAWWWWW :finger:
My dear friend, You have watched too much test cricket. Unlike test cricket, baseball does not end after the 2nd innings. That 2nd innings score is irrelevant. It's now the 7th innings and um... 2-0 up just became 5-2 down, 5-2 to the Orioles! B-> :hysterical::hysterical:

Okay, both our teams suck. I see EMC has put both the Blue Jays and the Red Sox pitchers on notice in the other thread. :banghead: :banghead: (****ing hell, all five in ONE ****ING INNING? JESUS ****ING CHRIST IS THERE A BETTER PITCHER THAN JON LESTER IN MASSACHUSETTS?)

Guest Hiten.

Dude what are you moaning about ? Our batters could barely hit a ROOKIE out of the park. 13 runs in 8 innings is ***ing ridiculous :mad:. I cannot lay the blame on Ricky (as he was playing a game after a break) although his counterpart (a ROOKIE) bettered him. 3 home runs compared to 1 :wall:. Oh yeah, we got our bases loaded YET we managed to come out scoreless on the sheet. Dropped catch....So many ***ing things

Dude what are you moaning about ? Our batters could barely hit a ROOKIE out of the park. 13 runs in 8 innings is ***ing ridiculous :mad:. I cannot lay the blame on Ricky (as he was playing a game after a break) although his counterpart (a ROOKIE) bettered him. 3 home runs compared to 1 :wall:. Oh yeah, we got our bases loaded YET we managed to come out scoreless on the sheet. Dropped catch....So many ***ing things
Yes, but your batters normally suck and Boston Red Sox fans are conditioned naturally to have higher expectations than Blue Gays fans, given that the Sox are a significantly better team. :D Hey - are you going to any of the trio of Blue Gays/Sox games this weekend in Toronto? Might be a good chance to actually see what a top baseball team's like (and if your batters can't handle a rookie... then heh heh... this could be another walkover for Boston.)

LMAO. GAY sox aint winning **** this year. Gay sox fans will have to wait another 86 years to see their team win again. And they can blame the bambino curse all they want. Big Papi cant do **** this year without PEDs

Since there are so many baseball fans here, I have a question. Lets say that there is a runner at first base and the batter strikes the ball and starts running to first base the runner at the first base heads towards the second base but realizes he cannot make it. Now can he go back to the first base since the batter has already reached the first base?

Guest Hiten.
Since there are so many baseball fans here' date=' I have a question. Lets say that there is a runner at first base and the batter strikes the ball and starts running to first base the runner at the first base heads towards the second base but realizes he cannot make it. Now can he go back to the first base since the batter has already reached the first base?[/quote'] Haven't you played "cut-e-run" (sounds like that) cricket ? Once the batter hits the ball (considering the ball is not in the foul zone) EVERY batter on the base have to move forward, safe or not :haha:. Day before y'day Jays had their bases loaded (all the 3 bases had a batter) and Scutaro hit the ball straight to short stop, the fielder caught the ball and there was a double play (2 bird one stones....2 batters out on a single ball) for Orioles :wall:

Haven't you played "cut-e-run" (sounds like that) cricket ? Once the batter hits the ball (considering the ball is not in the foul zone) EVERY batter on the base have to move forward' date=' safe or not :haha:. Day before y'day Jays had their bases loaded (all the 3 bases had a batter) and Scutaro hit the ball straight to short stop, the fielder caught the ball and there was a double play (2 bird one stones....2 batters out on a single ball) for Orioles :wall:[/quote'] Alright you are confusing me now. I know when the batter hits a fair ball he has to run but are you saying its the same for the runners too. Lets say there is only one runner at 2nd base, now if the batter hits a fair ball he will go to the first base now is it compulsory for the runner at 2nd base to go to the 3rd base, can't he stay at the 2nd base?

Nope, he can stay at 2nd. He's only forced to move to 3rd if there's also someone on 1st base. [Of course, an intelligent guy on 2nd wouldn't bother running, he'd have already started to steal the base.]
aah, now I get it. Thanks guys for the answers.:hatsoff:

Key things to know: - the batter HAS to run if he hits the ball. - if someone's on base, he HAS to run if someone is on the previous base and if there's a hit. two people CANNOT be on the same base at the same time. - bases can be stolen :D

Key things to know: - the batter HAS to run if he hits the ball. - if someone's on base, he HAS to run if someone is on the previous base and if there's a hit. two people CANNOT be on the same base at the same time. - bases can be stolen :D
Knew the bolded parts before its the second one that made me have sleepless nights.:P

Guest Hiten.
Good grief. Now I'm really feeling sympathetic to your cause - and seriously, how badly do you suck if bases are loaded and all you can do it put it straight into shortstop's glove?
Why do you think, I was ***ing pissed off then ?