What Are You Reading Now?

Riley's Girl

IMO they have every right to be. I got the first one I read from my father. I have all of them (the English translations obviously)
I read the entire series when I was between 8-12 y.o. Haven't read them since. :((

I read the entire series when I was between 8-12 y.o. Haven't read them since. :((
I make a point of reading them every few months. Good comic relief, and while I know most of them inside and out they still manage to make me laugh. The characters are just so lovable. Their almost like family and old friends with whom you can be completely yourself with no barriers.

I make a point of reading them every few months. Good comic relief, and while I know most of them inside and out they still manage to make me laugh. The characters are just so lovable. Their almost like family and old friends with whom you can be completely yourself with no barriers.
The druid. :king:

have you read them?
Yes. Really liked most, but thought a couple of others (5 in particular) were a bit on the dull side. The 3rd of the series is probably my favourite.
If Potter is that good' date=' I will dig out the e-books. The advantage with e-books is that no one comes to know that you are reading a children's book. :D[/quote'] That insecure about other people seeing what you read, Dominik? BTW, why would you be so worried about people seeing you reading a "children's book" that has only set sale records for fiction books with massive audiences of kids and adults?

Getafix :king: without a doubt. Love the constant competition and arguments between Fulliautomatix (the blacksmith) & Unhygienix (the fishmonger).
Btw, read about vercingetorix (real life Gaul hero) if you can. Quite a moving tale. If you like William Wallace, this guy is the real deal.

Yes. Really liked most, but thought a couple of others (5 in particular) were a bit on the dull side. The 3rd of the series is probably my favourite. That insecure about other people seeing what you read, Dominik? BTW, why would you be so worried about people seeing you reading a "children's book" that has only set sale records for fiction books with massive audiences of kids and adults?
I was just joking about that. In fact I always read e-books. I can not even remember the last time I read a proper book. E-books can be carried in a mobile phone and read anywhere. So easy.

no' date=' if it was i wouldnt have posted it here. its more like teasing... than adult really. However i think if the mods feel the post is inappropiate then they should delete it.[/quote'] Nah, I did not mean it's an inappropriate post. I was just saying that the semi nude lady and the bloodshed do not look like contents for children. BTW I have seen the movie starring Arnold. It's cool.

Nah, I did not mean it's an inappropriate post. I was just saying that the semi nude lady and the bloodshed do not look like contents for children. BTW I have seen the movie starring Arnold. It's cool.
no i sometimes forget that a lot of guys in the forums actually post in the ICF even in the workplace... it would definitely be awkward for them... i am editing the post. regarding the movie conan... all ican say is that conan was a wussie in that movie man. The real conan is an animal. arnold was too amiable and sophisticated for that role. The actual conan has a feral streak in him. i hope the next edition coming out in 2011 will be far more realistic.

Btw' date=' read about vercingetorix (real life Gaul hero) if you can. Quite a moving tale. If you like William Wallace, this guy is the real deal.[/quote'] I know about him. I'm sure Itachi will have something I can read. He knows everything about everything related to the Romans, including the Gauls. Ancient warfare is pretty much his terrain. Ask him anything about Carthage, and you'll end up knowing more about Hannibal's battle strategies than you thought possible. The kid's cool.

I know about him. I'm sure Itachi will have something I can read. He knows everything about everything related to the Romans' date=' including the Gauls. Ancient warfare is pretty much his terrain. Ask him anything about Carthage, and you'll end up knowing more about Hannibal's battle strategies than you thought possible. The kid's cool.[/quote'] hope he uses some of those strategies againist"you know who G"......the Kid will be cooler after that. is this the same vercingetorix the king of Gergovia....

I have read a few Asterix, theyre really good. Also read alot of TinTin, which was pretty funny. The puns on the names are the best thing abut Asterix... Cacofonix the bard, Poisonous Fungus, Crismus Bonus, there was one in which thers a Viking called Hereendthelesson :cantstop:

hope he uses some of those strategies againist"you know who G"......the Kid will be cooler after that. is this the same vercingetorix the king of Gergovia....
Vercingetorix was king of the Arverni, elected High King of Gaul. Gergovia was the only battle in which he beat Ceasar. His real name was Cingeto. Rix is a suffix which means king, and the prefix ver denotes that he is High King of Gaul. He was also the only High King in the history of Gaul.

Vercingetorix was king of the Arverni' date=' elected High King of Gaul. Gergovia was the only battle in which he beat Ceasar. His real name was Cingeto. Rix is a suffix which means king, and the prefix ver denotes that he is High King of Gaul. He was also the only High King in the history of Gaul.[/quote'] what the??? :blink: