Why Wii kicks every other console's butt !!!!!!!!!!!

CC1981

Re: Why Wii kicks every other console's butt !!!!!!!!!!! First, that was a fan video being circulated to get some support for nintendo making a wii cricket,so developement has not started yet. But i do know that a person from codemasters (ppl who made brian lara cricket) saw this and was goin to put an idea to the codemasters team. No further information on it. If its anything like Wii sports (tennis,baseball etc.) it will have really bad controls with cartoonish graphics and will feel like the flash game,stick cricket. But if codemasters do it and they program the remote to play shots like slice,flick,nudge and turning the remote at certain angles to bowl like shane warne, it will be well worth it. But the control scheme for other games suggests that that is not possible. Whether the problem is due to the s/w or the remote itself, is not clear. Even if codemasters and EA port cricket 2007 and brian lara cricket 07 to Wii, the control will not be very good. Bottom line is that a good cricket game for the Wii is atleast a couple of years away. If you want a passable cricket game, Brian lara cricket for the xbox 360 is just a few weeks away and it has multiplayer support...So you can take on anyone from this forum for a game. That alone could make it a great game.

Re: Why Wii kicks every other console's butt !!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry Zap, Wii's interactive remote has already made some games a lot more fun. But if Wii gets a good cricket game, i'd for sure buy a wii. In all honesty though, i can't see the bowling interface being very good or workable but batting can be handled well. That alone would be enough!

Re: Why Wii kicks every other console's butt !!!!!!!!!!! it depends on ones idea of what is fun....havent played a lot on Wii but it didnt impress me much esp. tennis. I am sure that you are aware that you dont control anything other than swinging of the racket in tennis. That combined with Miis made me put down the controller. And for FPS, the remote felt quiet laggy and slow compared to a mouse while playing COD3 and i wasnt a big fan of the mouse to begin with. So i dont see anygame worth the system price(no, i dont like marios and zeldas),although i will be a lot tempted even if wii cricket turns out to be like Wii baseball. But if codemasters comes out with a cricket game for the wii with 2004/2005 level graphics and some semblance to cricket gameplay, i would lay down the money in a heartbeat. I still think that we are 1 generation short of sporting game greatness......the next generation consoles will all come with motion sensing and great multiplayer support.

Re: Why Wii kicks every other console's butt !!!!!!!!!!!

havent played a lot on Wii but it didnt impress me much esp. tennis. I am sure that you are aware that you dont control anything other than swinging of the racket in tennis.
Yes, that disappointed me a lot too. But it is still a lot of fun. Not playing alone, but if you have a group of people, it is a looot more fun than any other console. If this happens, I would happily buy a Wii as well.

Re: Why Wii kicks every other console's butt !!!!!!!!!!! This one's already available for PS 2 in UK I think. The reviews were pretty bad for that one. I can't quite remember the game though but I have a golf one from the same producers. The golf one was quite exciting early on but it wasn't as technical as it was made out to be.