Is this Argentine team the best lot to have played in last 3-4 WC's?

Andy

They are looking good enough to reach the Finals and even may go on to win the CUP. My question is that do you think this Argentine team is the best Argentine team to have played in WC in last 3-4 WC's? Be it their strikers, movement, midfield all looks awsome. An attack consisting of Messi, Tevez, Higuain. Not to forget a player like Aguero is yet to tshow what he is capable off. Midfield conprising of Cambiasso, Mascherano. Even the defenders are decent.

they are playing attacking brand of football. Maradona was criticized for having 6 strikers in the squad. But he knows Attack is the Best defense. Their biggest challenge is German. If they win that game, Final berth is easy as they will play Uruguay or Ghana.

they are playing attacking brand of football. Maradona was criticized for having 6 strikers in the squad. But he knows Attack is the Best defense. Their biggest challenge is German. If they win that game, Final berth is easy as they will play Uruguay or Ghana.
They will Play Spain/Holland or Paraguay/Japan

I hope Uruguay/Paraguay/Ghana or Japan wins the world cup. It will be nice to see someone new win the tournament.. Like the Spanish and the Greeks did in the last 2 Euro cups. I really hope Brazil gets eliminated soon. Bored of seeing them lift the trophy. I don't mind the Dutch winning either. That said, the teams I have enjoyed most this world cup have been the Argentines and the Germans. Attacking football at its best. It's a shame one of them will be eliminated in the next round. Portugal and Spain are full of diving prima donnas. Brazil has been very boring to watch. Uruguay has been pretty decent as well.

Argentina had a very good side in 98' WC. Team comprised of the likes of Batistuta,Ortega, Crespo, Veron, Zanetti, Ayala and Almeyda. But they were eliminated in the QF thanks to one individual brilliance from Bergkamp.The score was 1-1 in the 89th minute..then this happened. What an amazing goal. One of the best goals ever in WC :adore: Uc1H2hOHu_s&feature=related :lol: @ commentary

thanks for sharing. What a game. Bergkamp was my favorite player
I still remember that day. We were watching that match at one of my friend's house and every one was anticipating ET and off course "Golden Goal" which FIFA experimented for the first time at that WC. Argentina was our favorite team and when Bergkamp netted that in all one heard was barrage of abuses at Bergkamp and Dutch team :cantstop:

I hope Uruguay/Paraguay/Ghana or Japan wins the world cup. It will be nice to see someone new win the tournament.. Like the Spanish and the Greeks did in the last 2 Euro cups. I really hope Brazil gets eliminated soon. Bored of seeing them lift the trophy. I don't mind the Dutch winning either. That said, the teams I have enjoyed most this world cup have been the Argentines and the Germans. Attacking football at its best. It's a shame one of them will be eliminated in the next round. Portugal and Spain are full of diving prima donnas. Brazil has been very boring to watch. Uruguay has been pretty decent as well.
Uruguay as new? :haha::haha: They won the very first edition of soccer worldcup in 1930 and also won the fourth edition in 1950 and they have routinely defeated powerhouses. They also have two Olympics football Gold medals, and fourteen Copa America trophies They are a very inconsistent and unpredictable team and were on decline for decades but seem better now.

Dennis Bergkamp played in thw WC and Euros.......he was a great striker.....
Yeah But he wasnt a failure at regular Club football like Gabriel Heinze! :hehe: Nor did he win any Tittle with Netherlands like Gabriel Heinze will do this year. :hehe:

I still remember that day. We were watching that match at one of my friend's house and every one was anticipating ET and off course "Golden Goal" which FIFA experimented for the first time at that WC. Argentina was our favorite team and when Bergkamp netted that in all one heard was barrage of abuses at Bergkamp and Dutch team :cantstop:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Ayala, Zanetti, Almeyda, Simeone v Demichilis,Otamendi, Heinze, Mascharano? Sorry, there is no comparison at all. In terms of quality of the strikers, I agree, the current squad is better. But the defense and midfield of the '98 squad pwns this team, any day.