Maninder Singh arrested on cocaine charges

Maninder Singh arrested on cocaine charges Delhi police find 1.5 grammes of cocaine in his residence Maninder Singh arrested on cocaine charges May 22, 2007 Maninder Singh, the former Indian left-arm spinner, has been arrested in Delhi on charges of possession of cocaine. The narcotics branch of the Delhi police arrested Maninder from his residence in Gagan Apartments in Preet Vihar. The police were following a man believed to be a Nigerian national who was allegedly selling the drugs to Maninder. They are believed to have found approximately 1.5 grammes of cocaine in Mander's residence, following which he was arrested and booked under the Narcotic Drugs and Psycotropic Substances act. The amount allegedly found in Singh's residence puts the case in the category of possessing a banned substance for personal use. The man alleged to be one selling the drugs to Maninder was also taken to the Shakarpur police station for questioning. Maninder, who played 35 Tests for India between 1982 and 1993, surged into prominence when only 17 years old. His prodigious talent prompted comparisons to Bishan Bedi, but consistency was to elude Maninder. He enjoyed tremendous success on India's tour of England in 1986, and then picked up a bagful of wickets against Pakistan and Sri Lanka at home, but soon after the wheels came off. Maninder had problems with discipline, lost the loop and control that were his strengths and was dropped from the team. He attempted more than one comeback but met with limited success. Since retiring from cricket Maninder has been involved with the game as a coach in Delhi, where he lives, and as a television commentator. While Maninder is often remembered as a cricketer who promised much and lost his way, the one thing that he is most famous for was being the last Indian victim - given out lbw to Greg Matthews by umpire Vikram Raju - in the tied Test against Australia at Chennai in 1986-87. Chetan Chauhan, the former India opener and Maninder's Delhi team-mate, told Indian news channel Aaj Tak: "I am completely surprised. I have played with him for Delhi, for two or three seasons. I had no inkling of any previous instances involving him. I can't believe this. "

Snorting few lines does not turn you into a bad man.
Aye. Tried my first line last weekend, boy did it blow my mind. Just don't let it become a habit though- too expensive and destructive a habit to support. Oh and stay away from Heroin or Meth. Badness happens when people do that.

Hmmm.... I don't see the point trying those out. How can it make the worries in life go away? Give me one valid answer as to how it can set things right that has gone wrong and I'll start admiring the substances. I see no joy in taking something that pretty much numbs your brain and you lose control over yourselves :thumpdown:

How can it make the worries in life go away?
Coke lasts about 30 min and then gone. But for those 30 min, you feel like you've won the lottery, got Aishwarya for a wife, inherited the Akshardham as a personal mansion and became the President in one fell swoop. You would be surprised how many 'regular people' (but rich people) do coke occasionally, especially musicians. But it is a very expensive habit to support as one hit gets you 30 min and costs around 100 dollars. You or I needn't worry- we will never have that kind of money to make Coke a regular habit. Once in-a-blue-moon party tryouts are fine IMO as long as its coke/shrooms. LSD is like okay if you do it once or twice in your life, no more (and its not addictive anyways, just a hallucinogen). Pot i don't mind one bit- its safer than alcohol, less damaging than cigarettes, etc.
I see no joy in taking something that pretty much numbs your brain and you lose control over yourselves
Numb ?!? Coke makes you feel like you are superman. Thats not numb, thats the exact opposite of it. As far as losing control goes- anything can be controllable and uncontrollable at the same time- people lose control over pepsi or pao bhaaji. Just find your level to which you can stay in control and you are set. Drugs are dangerous, i grant but not dangerous enough (atleast some of them) for the occasional dabble. Just stay away from anything that is refined opiates ( like heroin) and methamphetamines- which seriously messes with your brain physically- as in strips your neurons of fat and short-circuits them. PS: I guess there is a time and age for everything. Drugs may not be the fancy of married settled people but for young people who party around, the occasional dabbling is pretty sweet. Its like driving to the edge but not beyond.

Ravi I don't do drugs mate but if someone wants to do few lines then what is the harm? :shades_smile: I would make all drugs legal and take the crime element out of it. For example cannabis (chill out drug) is illegal but alcohol (aggressive drug) is legal :lightbulb: Taking drugs (specially soft drugs) is no different from someone eating fatty food at KFC. Both harm your body but one is taboo and the other is "khate pete ghar ka bacha hai" LOL So CC you a meth head? :wink_smile: