Manchester United Officially Number 1 Club - UEFA Rankings

Andy

Best team in Europe? Best Team in Europe should atleast reach the quarters which Real have failed over the years. Now dont come at me with 'This Year' point. Even then you do not have a Point becuase if Barca and Real are to be the best in Europe they must win the European Cup. Talking from the Fans wont do. Barca and United , leave alone beating all the teams of BPL would find it tough against teams like Villa, Spurs.
Team like Spurs that was smashed 4-0 by Real ? The same Villa team that cant go past Rapid Vienna in EL for last 2 years? Yep would find it very tough wont they? :hysterical:
Simply because its sheat! No one cares about what you do in Europa League, Its the CL that matters. And Spurs is one of the brightest example, playing their first CL Season, they made it to the qurtaers, Could have made semis if not Real or Barca. Teams from La Liga are all Pants at europe over the last few Years.
If EL is rubbish why did Liverpool and City put their best team and even then couldnt make into QF . No one is sayingPL is better than Laliga 2 or 3 years ago. Since then the quality in Laliga has increased in Laliga whereas PL has diminish to a large extent that mid table teams in Spain are as good if not better than mid table teams in EPL. Also most teams in Laliga play good technical pass and move football whereas most teams in EPL play hoof ball .Even The so called best possesion football team in EPL couldnt get a shot on target against Barca in Nou Camp. Then u have teams like Man City that spend 500 million on players and play 9-0-Tevez formation . Very exciting league isnt it?

Hernandez and Smallin were both players with potential - both, especially Hernandez has helped tremedously this season so there's no reason why some others with potential cannot do the same next season. You serious??? Currently Arsenal are 2nd and will probably end so. Liverpool have had 2 bad seasons but they also were pretty much in the title race till 2 years ago. So in the BPL its usually between at least 3 or more teams. In La Liga its almost always between Barca and Real - these 2 teams are very, very good but even then it never happens in any proper league that two teams virtually run away with the title every single year and no 3rd team is anywhere close to challenging them.Most of the teams in LaLiga are not good at all IMO.

Team like Spurs that was smashed b4-0 by Real ?
Its only One leg, Same spurs has Pawned the European Champions. The other Leg is still left, No way Spus can turn it on, But they surely can shorten the loss Margin, Thats what i said [Giving a Tough Time].
The same Villa team that cant go past Rapid Vienna in EL for 2 years?
Even the Best BPL side would find it difficult at EL because of the stature of the competition, Its no Europe. For example in Cricket Sehwag finds it hard to score against Lower teams, that doesnt make him an average and Inconsistent player in tests.
Yep would find it very tough wont they?
If EL is rubbish why did Liverpool and City put their best team and even then couldnt make into QF . No one is sayingPL is better than Laliga 2 or 3 years ago. Since then the quality in Laliga has increased in Laliga whereas PL has diminish to a large extent that mid table teams in Spain play quality football technically as well as are better than mid table teams in EPL.
All this talks of Technical Football and and boasting Your league will not win you the debate. You have to show what La Liga teams have done in last few years in Europe. I dont need Technical Football if that doesnt make you win at Europe or make you Perform. Apart from Barca all La Liga sides Have been outperformed by BPL Teams in last few years. And as a Result UEFA has rated BPL Higher than La Liga. As I Said its only one leg and you are Over Rating Your league. Real have made it past Round of 16 in 7-8 Years? Is it?

Team like Spurs that was smashed 4-0 by Real ? The same Villa team that cant go past Rapid Vienna in EL for last 2 years? Yep would find it very tough wont they? :hysterical: If EL is rubbish why did Liverpool and City put their best team and even then couldnt make into QF . No one is sayingPL is better than Laliga 2 or 3 years ago. Since then the quality in Laliga has increased in Laliga whereas PL has diminish to a large extent that mid table teams in Spain are as good if not better than mid table teams in EPL. Also most teams in Laliga play good technical pass and move football whereas most teams in EPL play hoof ball .Even The so called best possesion football team in EPL couldnt get a shot on target against Barca in Nou Camp. Then u have teams like Man City that spend 500 million on players and play 9-0-Tevez formation . Very exciting league isnt it?
Whatever it is, its better than La Liga where at the start of the season you can say with 100% confidense that its HAS TO BE Barca or Real that will win the title. In EPL in this season it was between at least 3 teams - ManUtd, Chelsea, Arsenal with ManCity and Spurs also doing quite well and Liverpool on their way towards recovery.

You serious??? Currently Arsenal are 2nd and will probably end so. Liverpool have had 2 bad seasons but they also were pretty much in the title race till 2 years ago. So in the BPL its usually between at least 3 or more teams.
Sorry i have missed it how many league titles have Arsenal have won it in the last 6 years ? In the last 6 years EPL has only been won by 2 teams same in Laliga . In the last 6 only once United or Chelsea finished outside top 2 same in La Liga How the hell is EPL more competitive then La Liga It seems people just talk about Laliga without any knowledge about them . If u suggesting on a league being best based on competition for title then Bundensliga is the best League . Would u agree?

It's hard to say which is best. Different strokes for different folks. For the best technical football and for the purist - La Liga For 100% blood and thunder and pure entertainment - Premier league For the most closeley contested - Bundesliga To cure your insomnia - Serie A

Its only One leg' date=' Same spurs has Pawned the European Champions. The other Leg is still left, No way Spus can turn it on, But they surely can shorten the loss Margin, Thats what i said [Giving a Tough Time'].
Inter are rubbish this season in CL yet Spurs lost to them in San Siro . The same Inter team has been smashed by Schkale in San Siro . As for return leg they will be lucky to escape another thrashing
Even the Best BPL side would find it difficult at EL because of the stature of the competition, Its no Europe. For example in Cricket Sehwag finds it hard to score against Lower teams, that doesnt make him an average and Inconsistent player in tests.
I didnt Sachin find it hard to score against lower teams maybe because of the gulf in class between them?
All this talks of Technical Football and and boasting Your league will not win you the debate. You have to show what La Liga teams have done in last few years in Europe. I dont need Technical Football if that doesnt make you win at Europe or make you Perform. Apart from Barca all La Liga sides Have been outperformed by BPL Teams in last few years. And as a Result UEFA has rated BPL Higher than La Liga. As I Said its only one leg and you are Over Rating Your league. Real have made it past Round of 16 in 7-8 Years? Is it?
My league not sure how u assumed that . I will repeat again No one was saying La liga was better than EPL 2 or 3 years ago. Since then the quality in Laliga has increased in Laliga whereas PL has diminish to a large extent that mid table teams in Spain are as good if not better than mid table teams in EPL.

It's hard to say which is best. Different strokes for different folks. For the best technical football and for the purist - La Liga For 100% blood and thunder and pure entertainment - Premier league For the most closeley contested - Bundesliga To cure your insomnia - Serie A
Agree with this . Maybe insomia is unfair on teams like Udinese and Inter Some poeple just think because of the hype of EPL it better every aspect than any other league .

Inter are rubbish this season in CL yet Spurs lost to them in San Siro . The same Inter team has been smashed by Schkale in San Siro . As for return leg they will be lucky to escape another thrashing
We'll talk after the Match. As of Now a New Entrant in CL from BPL has made it to Quarters, Do not remember the last time any La Liga team reached the quarters, let alone a New Entrant.
I didnt Sachin find it hard to score against lower teams maybe because of the gulf in class between them?
Doing well against Minnows matters the Zilch, even if you fail it doesnt matter. But only the best perform against the Best. For example even Ganguly has a Better average against Smaller teams, that doesnt make him a better player than Sehwag, does it?
My league not sure how u assumed that . I will repeat again No one was saying La liga was better than EPL 2 or 3 years ago. Since then the quality in Laliga has increased in Laliga whereas PL has diminish to a large extent that mid table teams in Spain are as good if not better than mid table teams in EPL.

Sorry i have missed it how many league titles have Arsenal have won it in the last 6 years ? In the last 6 years EPL has only been won by 2 teams same in Laliga . In the last 6 only once United or Chelsea finished outside top 2 same in La Liga How the hell is EPL more competitive then La Liga It seems people just talk about Laliga without any knowledge about them . If u suggesting on a league being best based on competition for title then Bundensliga is the best League . Would u agree?
This season Arsenal are 2nd and Chelsea 3rd, last season Arsenal were 3rd and around 10 points less than Chelsea, In 08/09 Liverpool were very close 2nd, in 07/08 Arsenal were 3rd but were only 4-5 points less than United, who won the League. So at least there are teams other than ManUtd and Chelsea who are also challenging for the title. Now lets see the last few seasons of LaLiga - This season Valencia are 3rd and are a massive 24 points behind Barca, 09/10 Villreal were 3rd and a massive 28 points behind the leaders, 08/09 Sevilla were 3rd and were 17 points behind the leaders, 07/08 Villareal were 2nd. So in the last 4 years only once has any other club even come anywhere close to challenging Barca and Real while in EPL we've got Arsenal who are constantly challenging ManUtd and Chelsea and Liverpool also did so till 2 years ago. EPL may not be better than LaLiga as far as technical football goes but is certainly more competitive.

In the last 6 years EPL has only been won by 2 teams same in Laliga . Atleast Arsenal have made it tough for Man United and Chelsea. Arsenal have finished 2nd Couple of Times, just wonder how many teams other than Real and Barca have finished 2nd despite not winning the League. What have teams other teams from La Liga have done and how many times? May be once. And what about CL Performance, Arsenalis one of the Top force of Europe not because they finish 2nd or 3rd in BPL But they are quite regular in the UEFA Quarters, This season they had faced the best team and they went out. Now you watch the differnce of Points between United , Vhelsea and other teams in BPL and now compare that with La Liga. That should tell isnt it, which one is More competitive? Because Top 4 of BPL are better at the toughest Competition of Europe, than La Liga's Top 4. No simply because Bundesliga sides do not do well other than their League.
For starters Arsenal have not finished 2nd in the league in last 6 years .So not sure where u get ur facts from . As i said in the last 2 years there is a massive swing in talent influx in La Liga whereas there it has diminished in EPL . In this period Laliga has done as well as EPL teams in CL and better than them in EL. It seems u never read this senstence: No one was saying La liga was better than EPL 2 or 3 years ago. Since then the quality in Laliga has increased in Laliga whereas PL has diminish to a large extent that mid table teams in Spain are as good if not better than mid table teams in EPL.

Agree with this . Maybe insomia is unfair on teams like Udinese and Inter Some poeple just think because of the hype of EPL it better every aspect than any other league .
May be You just have an allergy for BPL Teams for Non Footballing Reasons [Read Hype]. Barca are the Best in the World [Debatable] But the League is not as Good as BPL.

This season Arsenal are 2nd and Chelsea 3rd, last season Arsenal were 3rd and around 10 points less than Chelsea, In 08/09 Liverpool were very close 2nd, in 07/08 Arsenal were 3rd but were only 4-5 points less than United, who won the League. So at least there are teams other than ManUtd and Chelsea who are also challenging for the title. Now lets see the last few seasons of LaLiga - This season Valencia are 3rd and are a massive 24 points behind Barca, 09/10 Villreal were 3rd and a massive 28 points behind the leaders, 08/09 Sevilla were 3rd and were 17 points behind the leaders, 07/08 Villareal were 2nd. So in the last 4 years only once has any other club even come anywhere close to challenging Barca and Real while in EPL we've got Arsenal who are constantly challenging ManUtd and Chelsea and Liverpool also did so till 2 years ago. EPL may not be better than LaLiga as far as technical football goes but is certainly more competitive.
This.

We'll talk after the Match. As of Now a New Entrant in CL from BPL has made it to Quarters, Do not remember the last time any La Liga team reached the quarters, let alone a New Entrant. Doing well against Minnows matters the Zilch, even if you fail it doesnt matter. But only the best perform against the Best. For example even Ganguly has a Better average against Smaller teams, that doesnt make him a better player than Sehwag, does it? I say it again, If the quality of La Liga sides have improved why dont we see them in Quarters? Dont talk about Real, they are expected to win the Title. I am not sure about the Mid table teams But the Top 5 collectively of BPL are better than Collective Top 5 of La Liga. Last 2-3 Years real and other teams had quite huge difference in terms of Points with teams lower to them, But even with that Real couldnt manage it to the Quarters. That speaks Volume about how good Mid Table sides are in La Liga.
If EPL is so much better than any other league then why does CL winning leagues last decade look like this: Seria A - 3 La Liga - 4 EPL - 2 Portugese League - 1

For starters Arsenal have not finished 2nd in the league in last 6 years .So not sure where u get ur facts from .
They are 2nd Currently and are expected to be the 2nd by the end. Liverpool has finished 2nd once.
As i said in the last 2 years there is a massive swing in talent influx in La Liga whereas there it has diminished in EPL . In this period Laliga has done as well as EPL teams in CL and better than them in EL.
I am not sure how they have done well That BPL teams in last 2 years. Real is the Only team who are Playing Quarters after a Long gap of 7-8 years other than Barca. Where as In last 5 years in 4 years we used to have Top 4 playing in the Quarters. As for EL Yes even Serie A or Teams from other Leagues have done well that BPL teams, so by that Logic they all are ahead of BPL too. No one cares about Europa League TBH. Not the Top teams for Sure.
No one was saying La liga was better than EPL 2 or 3 years ago. Since then the quality in Laliga has increased in Laliga whereas PL has diminish to a large extent that mid table teams in Spain are as good if not better than mid table teams in EPL.
I have already answered on that part in my previous Post.

As i earlier said this is because Barca and Real have far better SQUAD than any other team in Europe . If they are in EPL instead of say Chelsea and United then the gap between them and other PL teams will be the same . Put it this way how many Premier League players would get into a world XI . Only one that will get in is Vidic

If EPL is so much better than any other league then why does CL winning leagues last decade look like this: Seria A - 3 La Liga - 4 EPL - 2 Portugese League - 1
Who talks about Last decade? Its the Last 5 years that BPL Has transformed immensely and has left other leagues behind. And again I say, La Liga or some other League having the Best team in the World Doesnt make the League any better. Its the standard of the the other teams. The reason is pretty clear, Barca have been eveer dominant in CL in last few years with Man United. But look at other teams from La Liga, no one makes it to the qurters. Where as the story of BPL Looks completely different. How many Teams from La Liga have played the CL Final in last 5-6 years? 4 BPL Teams have played.

As i earlier said this is because Barca and Real have far better SQUAD than any other team in Europe . If they are in EPL instead of say Chelsea and United then the gap between them and other PL teams will be the same .
Is it just this season? Cant be the previous ones as Real Never made it to the quarters then. So La Liga being competitive even last year would be wrong.
Put it this way how many Premier League players would get into a world XI . Only one that will get in is Vidic
Simply because PL Have lesser Big name Players but Performers unlike Real[The story of so many years]