I salute Dada !

Ram

But this is not all THE great comeback and one of "THE best comebacks in history of cricket" like what sriram says - and the reason it is not THE best is becos he has failed at the big stage when we needed him to fire (WC07).
Its not without reason i say that FL. He was the leading run scorer for India against SA , got a century in B'desh in tests. In one dayers , he has been India's top scorer since the time he has come back into the team. Now , whether the results have been what we would ideally wanted is something different. Ganguly's comeback had indeed been amazing..
Guest dada_rocks

Bhaiya yoda thora is pe bhi dhyan den ki doosare side se wicket girta ja raha tha obviously circumspection becomes top priority ..

Its very interesting when the Gangulians keep harping on the great comeback by SG. Do they not realize how he was the worst batsman in the team and primarily responsible for India losing to BD by scoring the 67 of 123 balls. I can score faster than that agsinst BD. I mean now BD bowlers are Ambrose and McGrath! He faced almost half the balls and scored MUCH MUCH less than half our runs. THATS WHY we lost. He was just unable to hit the ball. He has since been the slowest scorer in the team. Shows that he is playing for personal records rather than team scores! Even against Bermuda he was the slowest guy 80 odd off 111 balls! Among the maharathis in the team he is the slowest and worst! Chappel was right in throwing him off and I hope the new coach does the same soon!

Its very interesting when the Gangulians keep harping on the great comeback by SG. Do they not realize how he was the worst batsman in the team and primarily responsible for India losing to BD by scoring the 67 of 123 balls. I can score faster than that agsinst BD. I mean now BD bowlers are Ambrose and McGrath! He faced almost half the balls and scored MUCH MUCH less than half our runs. THATS WHY we lost. He was just unable to hit the ball. He has since been the slowest scorer in the team. Shows that he is playing for personal records rather than team scores! Even against Bermuda he was the slowest guy 80 odd off 111 balls! Among the maharathis in the team he is the slowest and worst! Chappel was right in throwing him off and I hope the new coach does the same soon!
Do you have some personel/civic problems with the Ganguly family ? Sounds like it... :haha:
Sorry coverpoint, that's a very one sided POV. Enlighten us as to what the other batsmen did in that BD match?
Absolutely nothing. Ofcourse. No one can say that others were not to blame. But do understand what I am getting at. All batsmen were guilty of not scoring. SG on the otherhand had played enough was settled but was so incredibly slow that even batting through the overs made no difference. I have a problem when people start stating that Ganguly played well in the wc. He was crap. As were all other batsmen! A crap that scored a bit better than the other crap guys doesnt change the fact that he was crap too! Dada Rocks you got it right. I have a personal problem with SG family. You see I was going to be the next captain of India but Ganguly stole that spot from me! Bandhu u speak like a true Gangulian. Anything against Ganguly has to be a personal attack due to hatred not due to any logic! Bhaiyya Ganguly ki muhabbat main kuch objective doosron se bhi sun lo!
Adaab huzoor!!!
I think people were also cognizant of his Test performances in SA, Coverpoint. It's not easy to score there, as you know, let alone in a comeback series. Overall, he's displayed guts and desire, and that impresses people.
Fair enough that he played well in SA. But that was what 3 innings? Does that make a comeback? And mainly I am talking about ODI's. His batting there has been selfish and outside of the home games where everyone scored, unremarkable. In the Lanka game where we really needed him he sucked big time. Question in tests is different. He is competing with Lakhan and Yuvraj for a spot. We can debate if he deserves the spot before them
Suraj, Are you back to posting? Hope ur doing good. Regarding Dada - I agree with what DD (dhruv) says above. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=88304&postcount=4 True - he has made a comeback and that is to be appreciated. But this is not all THE great comeback and one of "THE best comebacks in history of cricket" like what sriram says - and the reason it is not THE best is becos he has failed at the big stage when we needed him to fire (WC07). It is a decent comeback, but the adjectives used may not be suitable - we need to wait and see how he does in England and Australia in 2007 before we can call it a great comeback.
Hi Finey, Yeah I have had a prolonged period of abstinence from posting but just started posting again
hi Suraj, hope you are doing good..drop us a line when you have time FL, thanks for referring to me this forum. just now, I am trying to get to know the forum and the members here.
Hi Flute Welcome here!! I am sure you will meet a lot of folks with different perspectives- some rising like the sun, others shining like the moon and then others twinkling like stars!!!
Hi Flute Welcome here!! I am sure you will meet a lot of folks with different perspectives- some rising like the sun, others shining like the moon and then others twinkling like stars!!!
Lovely post. You guys make sure you hang around. You know you are valued here.