Rate Your Fav Players

I have been seeing people make loads of threads on Dravid, Yuv, SRT and Dhoni. We all want to predict based on our ratings we have for each player. Here is your chance to rate all the Indian players, Current and upcoming that way we can find avg rating for each player and compare it with their performances in coming years. Please rate those players who you have seen playing. That way we get as accurate ratings as possible. Again we donot want your explanation on how and why you rated someone. Just the name, and ratings in different aspects of the game, over all rating. Once you rate your player, then we know what is your opinion of that player in a particular aspect of the game. People tend to take side of a player when he scores and then get after his life when he fails. It is really unfair. So better judge them once. Again its your rating. Here is the format that I would like to see the ratings in. (Rate them from 1 to 10) Player ------------Temperament, Technique, Running BW, Big Hitter, Hand-Eye cordination, Timing/Placement, Strike Rate, Finisher/Winner, Adaptable to surface, Overall Rating. Here goes an example of my rating on say, Dhoni Dhoni---------- 7, 4, 8, 9, 7, 6, 10, X, 4, 6 ---- 61/90 Player xx ------ x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x ------- xx/100 Player xy ------ x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x ------- xx/100 Player pq ------ x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x ------- xx/100 Player abc----- x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x ------- xx/100 Now please note I have given him 10 in Strike rate because he scores run per ball almost everytime but his adaptability on the surface where ball is moving is little less. So rated him at 4. Same I think of his Technique. Notice that I have put X where I am still not sure if he is a finisher/or Winner. PS: Please no argument on how I have rated a particular player, I want you all to just Rate them. It will be fun to see when the players perform, we can verify to this thread in any aspect. We do not want any discussion on why someone has rated someone High or low. Rate as many players you want. Copy the rating aspects into your thread on the top so that you can read and rate properly and the readers will always get to see the title and your ratings in the same posting it self. NO DISCUSSIONS PLEASE......JUST RATINGS. {EDIT}.... You could rate them twice, once in ODI and then for Test... Dhoni (O)---------- 7, 4, 8, 9, 7, 6, 10, X, 4, 6 ---- 61/90 Dhoni (T)---------- X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X ---- XX/100 Overall pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... not on the current form.....So your rating should stand through out the career of the player... {EDIT}

Player ------------Temperament, Technique, Running BW, Big Hitter, Hand-Eye cordination, Timing/Placement, Strike Rate, Finisher/Winner, Adaptable to surface, Overall Rating. Ganguly 7, 6, 4, 6, 7, 6, 4, 7, 5, 6. = 58/100 Tendulkar 8, 9, 8, 7, 8, 9, 8, 8, 9, 9. = 83/100 Dravid 8, 9, 7, 6, 7, 8, 7, 8, 8, 8. = 76/100 Yuvraj 6, 7, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 6, 7. = 75/100 Dhoni 6, 6, 8, 9, 9, 7, 9, 8, 3, 7. = 72/100

hmmm...interesting thread. I am assuming we are rating them based on both Test and ODIs ? That is what i am doing. Tendulkar; Temperament; 6, Technique; 10, RBTW; 8, BH; 7, HEC; 9, T/P; 10, SR; 9, F/W; 6, ATS; 9. Overall; 74/100 -> In terms of pure batting ability, he is the best there is. He can play every shot in the book against any kind of bowling on any kind of wicket and there no technical flaws in his game. His weakness is his temperament and that impacts his ability to "finish" or "win" games. Dravid; 9--9--5--6--9--9--6--8--10 Overall; 71/100 -> Technique wise he is still one of the best, although not at Tendulkar's level, IMO. He can play on any surface against any bowling attack. Very strong mentally, capable of grinding out runs no matter what the situation - hence the high rating on temperament. His weaknesses are in running between the wickets (he can't run, period). He also scores at a comparitively slower pace. These aren't major weaknesses, but he will still be penalised for them because of the nature of this rating system Yuvraj; 7--7--9--9--7--7--9--9--7 Overall; 71/100 -> A good temperament as shown in ODI's, but that form hasn't been seen into the longer version of the game. Technique-wise he isn't the best and has a few noticeable flaws but on the whole, he is decent and has a wide array of strokes. His rating is artificially inflated because this ratings system values technique or adaptability to surface just as highly as running between the wickets and big hitting - the latter being two areas where Yuvraj will always score high. In reality, he is not as good a batsman as either Tendulkar or Dravid - regardless of how close he may be on the ratings.

Player ------------Temperament, Technique, Running BW, Big Hitter, Hand-Eye cordination, Timing/Placement, Strike Rate, Finisher/Winner, Adaptable to surface, Overall Rating. Tendulkar ---- 7, 10, 8, 9, 7, 9, 9, 7, 7, 8 --- 80/100 Ganguly --------7, 7, 3, 6, 8, 9, 5, 6, 7, 7 ----- 65/100 Dravid --------- 9, 10, 7, 4, 7, 7, 7, 8, 10, 8 -- 77/100 Yuvraj -----------8, 4, 9, 10, 6, 8, 8, 8, 6, 7 --- 74/100 Dhoni---------- 7, 4, 8, 9, 7, 6, 10, 7, 4, 6 ---- 68/100 Karthik -------- 6, 4, 7, 5, 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 5 ------ 58/100

Player ------------Temperament' date= Technique, Running BW, Big Hitter, Hand-Eye cordination, Timing/Placement, Strike Rate, Finisher/Winner, Adaptable to surface, Overall Rating. Tendulkar ---- 7, 10, 8, 9, 7, 9, 9, 7, 7, 8 --- 80/100 Ganguly --------7, 7, 3, 6, 8, 9, 5, 6, 7, 7 ----- 65/100 Dravid --------- 9, 10, 7, 4, 7, 7, 7, 8, 10, 8 -- 77/100 Yuvraj -----------8, 4, 9, 10, 6, 8, 8, 8, 6, 7 --- 74/100 Dhoni---------- 7, 4, 8, 9, 7, 6, 10, 7, 4, 6 ---- 68/100 Karthik -------- 6, 4, 7, 5, 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 5 ------ 58/100
Yuvraj gets a 6 ??!!!???!!?!?!?! on the "Finisher" rating ??? I know these are subjective, but that is just crazy
Yuvraj gets a 6 ??!!!???!!?!?!?! on the "Finisher" rating ??? I know these are subjective, but that is just crazy
As I said earlier, please no judging... I know things may look crazy at times but thats just the way I think it is. FYI: 6 is for Adaptability on the surface. He gets 4 of 5 for Finisher, 4 of 5 for winner. So 8 of 10 for Finisher/Winner. He gets another 6 for Timing/Placement. He mistimes the ball million times as I have seen. It all counts...

Player ------------Temperament, Technique, Running BW, Big Hitter, Hand-Eye cordination, Timing/Placement, Strike Rate, Finisher/Winner, Adaptable to surface, Overall Rating. SRT: 8, 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 7, 8, 8 = 80/100 Dravid: 9,9,7,6,9,9,6,8,9,8 = 80/100 Dhoni: 6,6,8,9,8,8,9,9,4,6 = 73/100 Yuvraj: 7,7,7,8,8,8,8,9,7,7.5 = 76.5/100

Come on guys... we need to here from more people here... Player ------------Temperament, Technique, Running BW, Big Hitter, Hand-Eye cordination, Timing/Placement, Strike Rate, Finisher/Winner, Adaptable to surface, Overall Rating. Sehwag (O) ---- 5, 4, 7, 9, 7, 5, 9, 3, 5, 6 --- 60/100 VVS Laxman(T) -7, 8,X, X, 7, 8, X, 6, 6, 7 --- 49/70 In the test matches, RBW, Big hitting and Strike rate does not matter so total rating of 70 instead of 100.

Those are subjective criteria, and I don't agree with them. Too fluffy. We need objective criteria. Average Away average Strike rate Percentage of matches won when played Percent of times MOM Percent of match winning half centuries Now add them. The highest total wins.

Those are subjective criteria, and I don't agree with them. Too fluffy. We need objective criteria. Average Away average Strike rate Percentage of matches won when played Percent of times highest scorer in matches played Percent of match winning half centuries Now add them. The highest total wins.
If this for ODI's only, i'll bet $10 that Yuvraj wins comfortably.

Let's do it. Division of labour. I'll do Tendulkar. Those willing, pick a player, post his name, look up the stats and post his total. This is for ODIs. BTW, Pred, there's a massive surprise in store for you regarding future threads such as this.

Dhonds, what we are looking at is what is your take on each of these players. Sometimes, a player only averages 30 but is worth 50 or vice a versa. We do not want the actual performances (esp. short term) be guiding this totally. If you judge them based on their past performances then please go ahead and post the ratings accordingly but it will be interesting if say, players like Robin Uttappa who do not have much of stats to back them, gets judged by us based on our own rational and calculations and see how he shapes up in the future. Thats the idea.

Percentage of matches won when played Percent of times highest scorer in matches played Percent of match winning half centuries Ahhaa... I always wanted to discuss this. May be open another thread for this I will jump in there. As I totally disagree with this kind of statistics as it doesnt mean lot .