Hawkeye

Ganguly rapped on the pads in the second over today morning. Sidebottom appealed. Hawkeye showed it clipping the leg stump. But is that out as per the LBW laws.? Swing would have given the element of doubt. Sidebottom has been swinging the new ball like a champ. A lot of times we see the ball clipping the leg stump, top of the middle stump, graze past the off stump. It doesn't necessarily mean they all can be given out LBW. It has to pitch in line, no swing in place, etc. I am trying to believe that Hawkeye may not be the right technology to go with, in case LBW needs to be consulted to the third eye.

" Hawkeye showed it clipping the leg stump. But is that out as per the LBW laws.? Hawkeye simply determines the carry of the ball. It doesn't attempt to give or not give lbws. If that particular ball didn't pitch outside the leg, yes - it could've been given out. I didn't see it but the ump either saw it as pitching outside leg, too high or there was doubt in his mind whether it would've hit leg stump. Doubt, not out.

If that particular ball didn't pitch outside the leg, yes - it could've been given out. I didn't see it but the ump either saw it as pitching outside leg, too high or there was doubt in his mind whether it would've hit leg stump. Doubt, not out.
This assumes that the umpire is right everytime for his decision if all his denials are due to 'doubt and therefore not out' - ie, it means an umpire cannot fack-up and give the batsman not out even when he's plumb. If hawkeye shows the ball is going to hit the stumps and it isnt pitching outside leg, then it is out. Pure and simple. If the umpire didn't give it, then he f*cked up. I dunno how long it'd be before ICC neuters the umpire and gets technology to make the call like they do already in tennis.

Of course he's right. He must give not out if he has doubt. Incidentally, I didn't say "all his denials are due to 'doubt and therefore not out'". " If hawkeye shows the ball is going to hit the stumps and it isnt pitching outside leg, then it is out. Pure and simple." That's just plain wrong, Sandro. Hawkeye is NOT available to the umpires. NOT

Yes. I agree' date=' yoda. Hawkeye is much more scientific than a human, standing 22 yards away.[/quote'] All the more reason to throw them out. They can't get it right being even so close to the action. BTW, I don't blame them entirely. I believe that it is beyond human capacity to be an effective umpire without the use of all the available technology. In fact on field umps should just do ball counting. 3rd ump can pretty much decide everything with the aid of replays.
There are no such rules here Donny. It might be so in your forum not here. I had explained that in a previous thread too.
Must every one of your replies be so juvenile and *****y ? It has nothing to do with rules. When I was clearly replying to one poster, you butted in to say, "What is it that makes you think that we are not aware of that ?"

I don't need to. My posts are there for everyone to read. It's you who've been doing the guessing, incorrectly assuming, misquoting etc. You can't even quote yourself correctly. You wrote, "There are no such rules here Donny" followed by,"I said read the rules" "you seem" is what you think, not me. Please stop projecting your inadequacies on to me.

Ganguly rapped on the pads in the second over today morning. Sidebottom appealed. Hawkeye showed it clipping the leg stump. But is that out as per the LBW laws.? Swing would have given the element of doubt. Sidebottom has been swinging the new ball like a champ. A lot of times we see the ball clipping the leg stump, top of the middle stump, graze past the off stump. It doesn't necessarily mean they all can be given out LBW. It has to pitch in line, no swing in place, etc. I am trying to believe that Hawkeye may not be the right technology to go with, in case LBW needs to be consulted to the third eye.
that's exactly what i have been saying for months!