Murali is a monster: Bedi

King

Quit the double standards will ya. If I had a cracked a joke about MOYO's beard ' date=' you would have gladly joined ! Anyways , if it makes you happy , I have deleted the post ![/quote'] Dont worry about my happiness! Keep the post as it was if you think it was a good post, stand by it! As for moyo beard thing. Forget my laughter, you would have had a fatwa on your head!
Go Bedi..... atlast someone with guts.... i am sick to my stomach seeing political interference and sympathy and brown-support in this lovely game....
Gats , I cannot believe you are condoning such ridiculously out of taste criticism of Murali by Bedi. It is one thing to say what you feel , but an entirely different issue to make a player look like a criminal. You are setting a very bad example.
i agree with him on this...y do they have to compromise on this?
what compromise are we talking about here? law wasn't changed beccause he has a deformed arm. all sport evolve with rules changes and this is just one of them. it is not like murali alone is allowed to bend more than the others.

Some pretty extreme views here. If Murali is shown, through tests, to have a disability or restriction and his actions fall within the 15% rule should he be penalised by being thrown out of the game? I think not. Surely we can accommodate his disability/restriction...

Murali's delivery was legal: Bradman SYDNEY, DEC. 5. Cricket great Sir Donald Bradman thought Muttiah Muralitharan's controversial bowling action was legal and shortly before his death in 2001 described Australian umpire Darrell Hair's attitude towards the Sri Lankan spinner as ``distasteful,'' his book publisher said on Sunday. Sydney's Sun-Herald newspaper said that in notes relayed to Bradman's publisher, Tom Thompson, and released after Bradman's death, Bradman spoke of Muralitharan in glowing terms. ``Murali, for me, shows perhaps the highest discipline of any spin bowler since the war,'' the newspaper reported Bradman wrote. ``He holds all the guiles of the trade but something else, too. His slight stature masked a prodigious talent and what a boon he has been for cricket's development on the subcontinent. ``It is with this in mind, and with the game's need to engage as a world sport, that I found umpire Darrel Hare's (sic) calling of Murali so distasteful. It was technically impossible of umpire Hare to call Murali from the bowler's end, even once!'' The newspaper said Bradman's notes indicated he felt Hair — who called Muralitharan seven times for throwing the ball in the Melbourne Test of 1995 — had reversed the development of cricket by a decade. ``For me, this was the worst example of umpiring that I have witnessed, and against everything the game stands for,'' Bradman said. ``Clearly Murali does not throw the ball. ``No effort in that direction is made or implied by him. His every effort is to direct the ball unto the batsman! Murali wants to bamboozle, to trick through flight and change of pace.'' Thompson said he plans to continue supporting Muralitharan. ``Bradman said to me that he believed the future of the game is not with England, it's with Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan,'' Thompson said. ``We must support them as much as we can.'' — AP http://www.hinduonnet.com/2004/12/06/stories/2004120603321700.htm

BTW Steve Waugh has mentioned in his book Murali is legal too. They are couple of eminent cricketers that have stood by Murali. Recently we also had Ponting and the rest rallying by Murali. I don't quite know what the fuss is with some.

Murali's delivery was legal: Bradman SYDNEY, DEC. 5. Cricket great Sir Donald Bradman thought Muttiah Muralitharan's controversial bowling action was legal and shortly before his death in 2001 described Australian umpire Darrell Hair's attitude towards the Sri Lankan spinner as ``distasteful,'' his book publisher said on Sunday. Sydney's Sun-Herald newspaper said that in notes relayed to Bradman's publisher, Tom Thompson, and released after Bradman's death, Bradman spoke of Muralitharan in glowing terms. ``Murali, for me, shows perhaps the highest discipline of any spin bowler since the war,'' the newspaper reported Bradman wrote. ``He holds all the guiles of the trade but something else, too. His slight stature masked a prodigious talent and what a boon he has been for cricket's development on the subcontinent. ``It is with this in mind, and with the game's need to engage as a world sport, that I found umpire Darrel Hare's (sic) calling of Murali so distasteful. It was technically impossible of umpire Hare to call Murali from the bowler's end, even once!'' The newspaper said Bradman's notes indicated he felt Hair — who called Muralitharan seven times for throwing the ball in the Melbourne Test of 1995 — had reversed the development of cricket by a decade. ``For me, this was the worst example of umpiring that I have witnessed, and against everything the game stands for,'' Bradman said. ``Clearly Murali does not throw the ball. ``No effort in that direction is made or implied by him. His every effort is to direct the ball unto the batsman! Murali wants to bamboozle, to trick through flight and change of pace.'' Thompson said he plans to continue supporting Muralitharan. ``Bradman said to me that he believed the future of the game is not with England, it's with Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan,'' Thompson said. ``We must support them as much as we can.'' — AP http://www.hinduonnet.com/2004/12/06/stories/2004120603321700.htm
at tht age, Bradman could hardly see his own toes....