Engineer turned Cricketer - Jumbo

Rajiv

Its amazing, if you spot this humble fella anywhere; u can immediately is nothing like a sportsman but some smart electronics engineer or something Its amazing what your inside talent can lead you to, the guys is least talked about cricketer who has done so much This thread was intended or something else, I would like to know which other cricketers left their respective fields to play cricket I can start with Saeed Anwar, the classy Pak batsmen - Funny where life takes you Anwar graduated from NED University, Karachi in 1990 and is an engineer by profession. He was planning to go to the United States for his master's studies before becoming a professional test cricketer. He is now part of tableeghi jamat. He regularly goes out to preach Islam.

Javagal Srinath is an Engineer. So is Krissh Srikkanth. In fact, Srikkanth studied electrical engineering from a premier institute in Chennai. But many years later , he jokingly said in an interview that " the only thing i know about electrical engineering is that if we turn on the switch , the bulb will glow".