Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

This has been the problem in india when a guy bowls fast they want consistency and when he slows down they ask for pace.If the team managment want him to a strike bowler as zak said.akhtar' date='morkel, and mnay were was wayward when they started even steyn in odis[/quote'] I don't know which games you watched as likes of Akhtar, Morkel etc. were never as wayward as Umesh is now.
Maybe you need to check Umesh's stats and maybe you will roll on the floor with laughter after that :giggle:
lol how do u think he will improve? he is a ok odi bowler good test bowler for us can get wickets ..i dont care if he bowls many bad balls he will get better has gotten better i always said he should stick to tests but now if they have made up there mind abt him in odis too then lets give him a good run
I don't know which games you watched as likes of Akhtar' date=' Morkel etc. were never as wayward as Umesh is now.[/quote'] many games.When the ball is swinging its difficult to control particularly for guys who cans wing it both ways like umesh can,he ahs just played 5 tests and 15 odis its too early for this thread also in last year vs raj he kept it very tight on a flat pitch.If team management wants him to go and bowl fast its what he should do and consistency will come.

UY is not good enough ... Aaron is much better. Needs to improve consistency. VK is much better at this stage. We should not be partialating saying he is a trundler cause atleast he bowls a consistent line and that can build pressure very quickly. Hell even Dinda is much better than both of them and he is sitting out. I pity Dinda.

:hysterical::hysterical: A good bowler is one who can take wickets.he was one of the reasons we managed to atleast take wickets in australia.
Here are Umesh's recent bowling performances and that too which happened in Aus, the so called best place to bowl for a fast bowler... 9 overs, 1-75 10 overs, 2-49 9 overs, 0-51 7 overs, 0-46 8 overs, 0-58 6 overs, 2-39 8 overs, 0-56 I don't really see too much "wicket taking" abilities shining throug as well.
Here are Umesh's recent bowling performances and that too which happened in Aus, the so called best place to bowl for a fast bowler... 9 overs, 1-75 10 overs, 2-49 9 overs, 0-51 7 overs, 0-46 8 overs, 0-58 6 overs, 2-39 8 overs, 0-56 I don't really see too much "wicket taking" abilities shining throug as well.
you said test cricket any ways In majority of odis matches he was brought in 10th-25th over by dhoni because new ball was used by vinay and p.k and he had to bowl at death as he is the only one who can bowl yorkers
In many matches he was brought in 10th-25th over by dhoni because new ball was used by vinay and p.k and he had to bowl at death as he is the only one who can bowl yorkers
I don't know which mythical yorker you are talking about coz all I've seen is Umesh bowling short & wide with a slower ball on length for variety.
+1 UY is pathetic at the moment .. should be replaced by Dinda
You have short memory then.
The yorkers/full-pitched stuff I saw were from Aaron. The general complaint against Umesh has been he doesn't pitch the ball up and is too short and wayward most of the time. I honestly haven't seen good yorkers from him.
he bowled as third change in match and mostly as 1st change and many were flat pitches it not as if others were not hammered.
Bud we saw him taken apart when he was bowled ain the first 4 overs against Ausor SL. I remember him getting a bowl early on and he gave away 0-16 or 0-18 in his first 2 overs and had to be taken off. He has been a liability for us in the shorter format. He may come back and take a few wkts this match coz the Reqd rate would be closer to 12 with top order batsmen gone but I haven't seen anything from him which tells me that he can win us a match while defending a low to middling total in the 200-230 range.
The yorkers/full-pitched stuff I saw were from Aaron. The general complaint against Umesh has been he doesn't pitch the ball up and is too short and wayward most of the time. I honestly haven't seen good yorkers from him. Bud we saw him taken apart when he was bowled ain the first 4 overs against Ausor SL. I remember him getting a bowl early on and he gave away 0-16 or 0-18 in his first 2 overs and had to be taken off. He has been a liability for us in the shorter format. He may come back and take a few wkts this match coz the Reqd rate would be closer to 12 with top order batsmen gone but I haven't seen anything from him which tells me that he can win us a match while defending a low to middling total in the 200-230 range.
Umesh bowls a good inswinging yorker we have seen it in ipl,test cricket,odi death overs .He is just too young to make such hasty calls.He has played on some flat tracks.Its too early .