Raina back in the runs

Tamil Nadu 325 and 63 for 0 trail Uttar Pradesh 420 (Raina 124, Murtaza 68, Ashwin 6-128) 32 runs Scorecard Suresh Raina rediscovered his form with an excellent 124 at Chennai, enabling Uttar Pradesh to gain the first-innings lead against Tamil Nadu. Raina struck 20 fours in his 230-ball knock, one that spanned two minutes less than five-and-a-half hours, and received good support from Ali Murtaza in a 165-run stand. Ravichandran Ashwin was he lone bowling star for Tamil Nadu, toiling hard for 44.3 overs for his six wickets. Tamil Nadu replied with 63 for no loss at the end of the day with Anirudha Srikkanth finishing on a 67-ball 48. ------------------------- Well done to the young kid. He is a kid with serious ability and will be a future indian great. Just needs to spend a couple of seasons in FC cricket and A tours to fully develop his game. He will be back one day and will be great success.

Re: Raina back in the runs i jus googled...and yes, he is....

Eighteen-year-old Aniruddha shot into the limelight with a brilliant 143 vs England Under 19 team earlier this year. But he's already well known for being the son of former India captain Krish Srikkanth. The Tamil Nadu batsman had a disappointing outing in five matches against the Australia under 19 team, but he's working hard at living up to the famous name. "It's not a burden to carry the Srikkanth name but it gives me the advantage of going back home to fall back upon the support from my dad," said Aniruddha, member, India U-19 team. Indian cricket is full of examples of father and son combinations, the latest ones in the limelight were of course Rohan and Sunil Gavaskar. Attacking form The jury is still out on how tough it is for the sons to follow in their father's footsteps. But looking for similarities within the family are especially intriguing for the media. "I don't have a perpetual nose problem, but I have my own superstitions. I look upward when I come out to bat in the middle," said Aniruddha. One similarity though is that Srikkanth junior is said to be as attacking as his dad, though the plan didn't quite work when he was promoted to open in the recent series against Australia Under 19s.

Re: Raina back in the runs good too see raina scoring runs, but doesnt mean this should seal his spot in the next one day series. Scoring runs on Indian pitches doesnt really mean much, theres so many players who have scored hundreds and good fluent 50's why are they always ignored? he doesnt score much in West Indies neither South Africa or even the champions trophy, clearly needs to be sent to England for county cricket.