SRT vs RD

I agree in 90 ´s Tendulkar was at his best.You have said that in 90´s he had to face great bowler like Ambrose, Pollock, Akram, Younis, Donald, Gillespie, McGrath, McGill, Marshall and Reid, 90 was a period when pakis bowler were at thier best.Fortunately we didnt play enough test cricket against them.right??only 3 test where Tendulkar faced waqar only in second Inng at channai.he just faced some odd balls against him when he was not at his best.In these 3 test he just manage 180 runs with an average of 30 where he managed to make 136 only in one Inng.it show how he faced waqar,wasim. now McGrath wasnt a great bowler in 90´s.still tendulkar played only 3 matches against Australia when they were playing with McGrath 0,10,61,0,116,52.(not enough to prove yourself the greatest in 90´s) now funny thing is that Tendulkar never played against Gillespie,MacGill,Marshal in 90´s (these are bowler whom you thought to be the toughest to face in 90´s). Against ambrose he never managed a single 100. we al know how he alwas struggled against pollock,Donald

Bowler Dis bwd c fi c wk st lbw hit Ave 0 Team JN Gillespie (RF) 6 0 1 3 0 2 0 27.66 1 Aus GD McGrath (RFM) 6 1 1 1 0 3 0 22.16 2 Aus WJ Cronje (RM) 5 0 3 1 0 1 0 47.20 0 SA AA Donald (RF) 5 2 1 1 0 1 0 12.00 0 SA SM Pollock (RFM) 4 1 2 0 0 1 0 8.25 0 SA now the funny thing that comes in mind that we never won abroad in 90´s. now as you think that batting has come easier in this decade either due to batting pitches or because of not great bowlers. Now when batting has become eassier why isnt he dominating???CC_1981 has given enough stats to show how he is failing on such flat pitches against ordinary attacks. Well thumbs up.good unsuccesfull attempt to prove tendulkar one the the great but IMO Dravid is the greatest test player we have ever produced.
No Sheet ... Probably because fleming / kasprowicz and Warne were considered to be better bowlers by Aussie selectors ? :hysterical: And Marshall played a grand total of 4 series in the 90s of which none was against India. Not Tendulkars fault. Even if he did you would have said aahh only 3 tests .. no biggie ... Do you see the problem with your logic ? BTW feel free to tell me what did Dravid do in the 90s ... And kindly use the same "logic" (if it can be called that)
No Sheet ... Probably because fleming / kasprowicz and Warne were considered to be better bowlers by Aussie selectors ? :hysterical: And Marshall played a grand total of 4 series in the 90s of which none was against India. Not Tendulkars fault. Even if he did you would have said aahh only 3 tests .. no biggie ... Do you see the problem with your logic ? BTW feel free to tell me what did Dravid do in the 90s ... And kindly use the same "logic" (if it can be called that)
well well Mr.BB i said this all coz Mr.Dhondy was saying that 90´s was a bowler era including (Marshal,McGrath etc etc.) Tendulkar´s stats
M 140Inn 226NO 23Runs 11150Best 248*Average 54.92
Dravids´
M 112Inn 191No 23Runs 9492Best 270Average 56.50
Watch the difference between both´s averages. What could RD do if he came into the team in 1996.He wasnt able to make as many runs in remaining 4 years as tendulkar made in 10. Just watch over all stats please. BTW i havnt got reply for yesterday´s challeng. I challenge you again please bring a only Inng which Tendulkar played under pressure and won us a match.

What a clueless post from, "Dravid_the_best" (totally original nick-name, BTW). Basically his "argument" amounts to; "So what if Tendulkar scored a few 100's against the best bowling attacks he faced (conveniently forgetting that his hero couldn't score in a wh0rehouse in those same series) he is still rubbish and i want to suck off Dravid". :haha:

Mr. BB here is what i have to say about our cricket and Mr. Tendulkar 80´s decade was memorable.We won World Cup 83,we won B&H Series for the first time (not to forget we have won it only once till date),We didnt do oversease well but still managed to beat England by 2-0.I thought our cricket was going into right direction.I thought after gavaskar,kapil etc the new generation will take us to new world by dominating the opposition.Then started 90´decade to shatter all my dreams.Entered Mr. Tendulker in our team with a stange kind of logic "MAKE RUNS LOSE MATCHES". He brought selfishness in us.Despite Tendulkar makin runs,we didnt win a single big tournament in 90´s in ODI´s.In test we just managed to beat Srilanka in srilanka in 1992-93 (not to forget that srilanka side is equal to todays Kenya) otherwise we didnt manage to win in other countries.That the only reason why non of his 239 Inng was entered in Wisden 100 top Inngs. We actually were fooled by him in 90´s.I remember we all used to cheer his single run but nobody tried to bring a change to bring india to winning habbits. Thank God 90´s ended and we entered in new decade where some other players took responsibility.Like of Dravid,Sehwag has won us series in West Indies (luckily Tendulkar wasnt in that series otherwise we must have lost that as well),They won us series in Pakistan,They nearly won us in a series in Australia. Now see we are a good test team since last 7 or 8 series and Mr. CC1981 has provided us enough stats to prove that Tendulkar failed there.Which clearely indicates that we can only win when Tendulkar isnt performing. But as one poster Karina said "Why to discuss about such person who is not gonna retire,he is gonna come to bat even on stretcher" Agree Karina we should stop now.He is not gonna retire as he showed in recent interview to Nasser where one could see that he is willing to come again to England on next Tour. BTW Mr.Doondy you are trying to convince us that it took you and BB 7 or 8 years to bring such stats.It took me 3 minutes to find 100 of errors in these stats.you can find these stats eassily on other stats site.

He brought selfishness in us.Despite Tendulkar makin runs' date=we didnt win a single big tournament in 90´s in ODI´s
LMFAO. You know jacksh*t about cricket. Tell me, how many "big tournaments" have India won in ODI's in this decade since your "responsible players" arrived ? Answer; ONE. Just ONE. That too against ENGLAND - a substandard team which didn't win a single match in the Natwest Series the season before. India won 8 ODI tournaments in the 1990's - numerous Asia Cups, Triangular series. India won 8 out of 12 finals when Tendulkar was playing - beating teams like South Africa, Australia, Pakistan. That makes 8 ODI tournaments compared to 1. Most of these wins came off Tendulkar's bat - without him, India couldn't even beat Zimbabwe. You really are clueless, and you will see that i won't be the only person to call you that in this thread.
BTW Mr.Doondy you are trying to convince us that it took you and BB 7 or 8 years to bring such stats.It took me 3 minutes to find 100 of errors in these stats.you can find these stats eassily on other stats site.
Show us your own stats then. Talk is cheap. Let's see your statswork. Let's see how you can disprove the fact that Dravid hasn't been an abject failure against the best bowling attacks he has ever faced. This should be good...:haha:

calm down mate.I dont know when he won us these tournament other than Sharjah 98 and Singer-Akai Nidahas Trophy - Finalagainst Srilanka.Dont forget the aisa cups we won were only because of Mr.Sidhu.go and chek the stats.When did we beat pakistan and sou africa in finals?do tell me please. Have we won any WC or any series in AUS??? BB im discussing ODI with predator only.you please concentrate on his test stats.

DTB you call your post a stat based one ? If so it will also take me less than 3 minutes to come up with such a post. As again .... you have eluded my main question : What according to you constitutes a match winning innings. Can you kindly tell me your criteria in crystal clear detail ? Like the recently ended series in England .... ? What did RD do there ? remember the spectacularl innings of 12 runs in 96 balls ?
I agree that those 12(96) were painfull but why he did that??because Tendulkar left the crease with one stump standing behind him.which brought us to back foot.
calm down mate.I dont know when he won us these tournament other than Sharjah 98 and Singer-Akai Nidahas Trophy - Finalagainst Srilanka.Dont forget the aisa cups we won were only because of Mr.Sidhu.go and chek the stats.When did we beat pakistan and sou africa in finals?do tell me please. Have we won any WC or any series in AUS??? BB im discussing ODI with predator only.you please concentrate on his test stats.
Hero Cup (beat WI), Wills World Series (beat WI), Titan Cup (beat SA in the final). Tendulkar scored over 200 runs in the '95 Asia Cup - top scorer in the tournament. I could school you, but i just don't feel like wasting my time on you. You are so clueless. First you said that India never won a single ODI tournament during the 90's, when in actual fact - they have won 8. That is 8 tournaments compared to just 1 in this decade. If you don't remember anything, well that just goes to show that you know very little about cricket. In fact in 1997/98 alone - India won more ODI tournaments (4) than they have in this entire decade when your "responsible" players like Dravid (a guy who was dropped from the ODI team) and Sehwag (a crappy ODI player) came around. The supposedly responsible heroes whom you worship have won India just 1 tournament in 8 years. What do you have to say about that "Dravid_the_best" ? LMFAO. I can tell that are another one of the "new-age" Indian cricket followers - the kind who only started watching the sport after the '03 World Cup at the earliest. Even in this current Natwest Series, tell me, Alicia - who is top scoring for India ?
Something's not right here guys. DDB, a guy called Athura, was an excellent poster. This is clearly not him. It could even be a Pakistani poster masquerading as an Indian. Unfortunately, he has dragged down the thread with some very poor posts.
That was DravidDaBest or something similar, so not the same guy.