Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour 2013

Raghav_12

Tommy Haas beats Novak' date=' wow. Haas is a real pro been around for so long guy is 35... gotta give him credit...[/quote'] Heard he was ecstatic after defeating number 1, who is good 10 years younger to him, at this age. Tsonga and Tisparevic lost too. Now, i'll put my money on Murray or Berdych to win this.

Pretty much a joke event. No Federer, Wawrinka or Nadal. Djokovic and Del Potro played at about 40% that's how little they cared. I was wondering how Murray won events, it's because of the dis-interest of the top players in certain tournaments and even more so their absence.

Pretty much a joke event. No Federer, Wawrinka or Nadal. Djokovic and Del Potro played at about 40% that's how little they cared. I was wondering how Murray won events, it's because of the dis-interest of the top players in certain tournaments and even more so their absence.
when did that happen? :hmmmm:

N Gasquet seems to be playing the kinda tennis we know he can. I love him, such a great player to watch. Beats Ferrer and now T-Berd. Hope he can pummel Murray next. I will never forget the Wimbledon 08 (i think) match where he was 2 sets up and then just folded and Murray went on to win. I think Gasquets career would have really taken off had he won that match

N Gasquet seems to be playing the kinda tennis we know he can. I love him, such a great player to watch. Beats Ferrer and now T-Berd. Hope he can pummel Murray next. I will never forget the Wimbledon 08 (i think) match where he was 2 sets up and then just folded and Murray went on to win. I think Gasquets career would have really taken off had he won that match
wish him luck,beautiful backhand he got but a bottler of the highest order

Yes, very fragile. Hell of a backhand youre right. His finest moment was Wimb 06 or 07 when he beat Roddick in QF's. A Rod was my hero but Gasquet beat him in 5 coming from 2 sets down. I was gutted but he was superb that day I expect him to win the first set vs Murray but then wilt, 3-6, 6-3, 6-1 my prediction.

^ Ahah.. I was not TOO far off. Ferrer v Murray CMON DAVID!!
That was good call indeed. :two_thumbs_up: Final is all going to be Murray. Ferrer hardly looses to anybody outside top 4 and he is hardly able to compete with anybody inside top 4. He in fact defines boundary between top 4 and rest of the field.

Time for some fantastic updates. We have Nadal v Djoko coming up tomorrow in the final of Monte Carlo masters. They meeting first time since last years French open final. Nadal has not lost a match in Monte Carlo since 2003. Hope it continues. Go Rafa Go..

Time for some fantastic updates. We have Nadal v Djoko coming up tomorrow in the final of Monte Carlo masters. They meeting first time since last years French open final. Nadal has not lost a match in Monte Carlo since 2003. Hope it continues. Go Rafa Go..
Well Rafa and his posse of fangirls can hide behind the sofa. The question asked was.... What happens when an unstoppable force (Djokovic) meets an immovable object (Nadal)? The answer was, Djokovic destroyed Nadal. That first set from Djokovic he was playing some of the most glorious tennis you could wish to see, both from his FH and his BH side. Last year Djokovic was stopped early in his comeback vs Nadal at Roland Garros, but he didn't quite get into the game enough. But over the last 2 years, what we've seen is, Nadal can't outrally Djokovic and Djokovic's all round game is better than Nadal's. Djokovic has a superior return, probably the most devastating the game has ever seen. Djokovic has a superior backhand, his double handed backhanders are lethal when he gets it together. Djokovic is now also proving that he is the most athletic and physical player in the game. Finally someone taking on Rafa on clay and playing aggressively, Rafa couldn't live with Novak at times.

Whoa whoa why slamming Rafa... They are both really good players. Djokovic has a super fighting spirit yeah so he is still moving up and up, it is very impressive. And def commendable that he beat Rafa's winning streak at Monte Carlo. But Rafa still totally has my respect and is a great player

4th Masters of year started this monday on red clay in Madrid and news is that Djokovic is already out of the tournament :--D loosing to talented Bulgarian Dmitri something. This is one clay tournament where Nadal is not clear favourite to win given high altitude of the court and relative faster nature of the surface. But with Djoko out and Murray seemingly struggling, he may go all the way. Federer is also back in the mix after a rest of about two months.

Nadal will sleep much easier now, Djokovic is out so he doesn't have to face his biggest nightmare. Grigor Dimitrov is going to win slams starting next year, so learn his name and learn who he is. He still needs to improve on his fitness. Djokovic probably needs some rest, his primary focus is winning the French Open. But he will be bitter about losing so early at Madridi, the first time in a long time, he's lost so early in a tournament.

Nadal will sleep much easier now, Djokovic is out so he doesn't have to face his biggest nightmare. Grigor Dimitrov is going to win slams starting next year, so learn his name and learn who he is. He still needs to improve on his fitness. Djokovic probably needs some rest, his primary focus is winning the French Open. But he will be bitter about losing so early at Madridi, the first time in a long time, he's lost so early in a tournament.
dimitrov has been tipped to be the next big thing for a year now,he plays similar to federer,lets see how he fares in the GS