ICF World T20I Draft

^ I think so!! I know its easier if we rely on actual T20Is played, but if we do it this were relying on our judgement of how an oldie would have fared- we know some of them would have been great at it- that makes it interesting I think and a huge pool of players to choose from which could make it competitive....at the end of the excercise a neutral with good knowledge of cricketing history (Outsider :) ) can judge things like how many runs and wickets would have taken/scored by these players... if these teams are 'playing' each other that is

^ Thats just it, where the judgement of the selector comes into play... you take into account how they played their cricket in their test careers and judge how they well would have adapted that to modern era T20 cricket and choose players based on that (its something that has always fascinated me)...'vigorous mental masturbation' -as I read here once -would be required to decide how these players would fare against each other... lol, not scientific by anymeans but itll make for a more fun excercise... anyway thats just what I think, your game your rules :) EDIT- OKAY: I only NOW see the Minimum qualifications now of runs and wickets, that throws a spanner into it... haha, sorry... ignore my suggestion

^ Thats just it, where the judgement of the selector comes into play... you take into account how they played their cricket in their test careers and judge how they well would have adapted that to modern era T20 cricket and choose players based on that (its something that has always fascinated me)...'vigorous mental masturbation' -as I read here once -would be required to decide how these players would fare against each other... lol, not scientific by anymeans but itll make for a more fun excercise... anyway thats just what I think, your game your rules :) EDIT- OKAY: I only NOW see the Minimum qualifications now of runs and wickets, that throws a spanner into it... haha, sorry... ignore my suggestion
that would be fun too :two_thumbs_up: but its a game of stats you may predict how they would have fared in this format but you cant predict the numbers :agree:

^Or maybe only players who have played limited overs cricket for their nations...this way though someone can choose Tendulkar too :P

that would be fun too :two_thumbs_up: but its a game of stats you may predict how they would have fared in this format but you cant predict the numbers :agree:
I know... you could argue the same for current playing players, I mean sure they might have great records when playing agst normal international teams but when up against an assortment of good T20 bowlers how would they fare, its true about any dream team selections...its always going to be hard to predict the numbers, and more importantly perhaps scoring rates I do not know how we can judge how the players would fare, as I said maybe one or a few ICFers who do not have teams in the draft can judge... Anyway...you dont think it can be be implemented and youre probably right it will be a bit tricky...