Pitch bytch(ing)

Zooter

Yes, this Newlands pitch isn't as bouncy as typical Saffie pitches, but the Jo'burg pitch was and India won that match! India used those Jo'burg conditions better than South Africa and are currently using the Capetown conditions better too: reversing and swinging the ball better, using their spin talent (an area South Africa have always been a dud in--they have no one to blame but themselves for that) to make the most of the cracks that are developing and batting like classic conservative batsmen. If India win this thing, they deserve it fair and square.

Re: Pitch bytch(ing) Well, I don't think India has it in the bag just yet. South Africa is gonna go for broke--I don't think they're looking for a draw. So, the higher the total we put up, the better. I honestly think if we get a lead of close to 300, that'll be good enough. Declare right then and give our bowlers all the time they need to bowl out the opposition. I would like to see 1 full day given to our bowlers to do their work. So, if by the 3rd session tomorrow, we're up by ~300, then yes, it's in the bag.