Is Munaf Patel a geriatric?

Re: Is Munaf Patel a geriatric? Munaf looked very stiff, bowled well but hardly hussled in the run up. It was all shoulder his bowling. Looked pretty disinterested to be out there for some reason. I think he is not fully fit, maybe he is suffering from some injury??? He used to hussle to the crease and used to put in a lot in his run up. Anyways he bowled good lines and although short on pace kept the pressure on the Saffie batters.

Re: Is Munaf Patel a geriatric? Always been like that his fielding, really a very terrible fielder. Less said about his batting the better. They need to do something about this man's fielding surely otherwise they should know he will conceede 10-15 runs in each game he plays through his fielding.

Re: Is Munaf Patel a geriatric? Munaf ain't that tall. 6'4" or 6'5" I think -- tall by Indian standards. But, Harris is 6'6" and there are a couple of guys in the Kiwi team that are 6'7". Munaf needs a bit more muscle--I say do nandrolone--from what I hear it can't get you in trouble. :hic:

Re: Is Munaf Patel a geriatric? 6ft4 or 6ft5 is tall by pretty much any standard. Tall people generally tend to be less athletic than those shorter. It's the same in football where tall players are seen as target men centre forwards or central defenders. You rarely see a very tall and skilful player. In cricket most tall players are average/poor fielders. Inzy, Harmison, and Munaf all fit into this category although Inzy will catch or stop anything which is hit within an easy range off him. Sajid Mahmood, Flintoff and Symonds seem to be exceptions to the rule.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Is Munaf Patel a geriatric? The way he moves around he reminds me of my driver back home, procrastination is whose moto. :wall: I tell u only thing a good fielder needs is sense of enjoyment in fielding rest of the things are academic. If someone is a bad fielder more often than not he/she does not like this fielding job. Even at this age without the daily exercise regimen if soeone throws me in the middle i come of as more electric that this guy in the field.. :mad: