CLT20, I think that would be it: Dravid on IPL future

bulbul

Veteran Indian batsman Rahul Dravid, who provided inspirational leadership to the beleaguered Rajasthan Royals this season, has decided to call it quits from the IPL with the upcoming Champions League Twenty20 being his last assignment for the franchise. "At 41, 12 months is a long way away. Luckily we have qualified for the Champions League (in October) which is a few months away
http://www.ptinews.com/news/3665084_CLT20--I-think-that-would-be-it--Dravid-on-IPL-future :bye: :bye:

:hatsoff: He would be around IPL though.
commentator mostly. A big blow for the RR franchise. Cant see who else they can bring in who can act as a coach/player. You get a feeling that this was RR's last shot for a long time at glory. If every player is to be auctioned a lot of big franchises will pay for their stars. I will defo watch the Champions League for Dravid. One last glimpse at a legend in action.

I dont think RD will be fit enough for next IPL. Its just a difficult task to maintain fitness after 40 years of age. But must say that he has done remarkable well this year' date=' not only with the bat, but also as a fielder[/quote'] Hodge's 40 and so is RD and he has been as fit as he used to be a decade back but I don't think that is the sole reason.