A view of the ODI team

Dooks

The team that played Australia in the 2nd ODI: Gambhir SRT Uthapa Yuvraj Dravid Dhoni Pathan Bhajji Powar Khan SS Forgetting the batters performance for the moment. Let us look at the bowlers. Remember we went in with 5 (FIVE) bowlers. Z Khan 10spacer.gif 1 55 1 5.50 (2w) S Sreesanth 9spacer.gif 0 67 3 7.44 (2w) IK Pathan 10spacer.gif 0 47 2 4.70 (3w) Harbhajan Singh 10spacer.gif 0 57 0 5.70 (1w) RR Powar 5spacer.gif 0 30 0 6.00 SR Tendulkar 3spacer.gif 0 22 0 7.33 Yuvraj Singh 3spacer.gif 0 22 0 7.33 spacer.gifspacer.gifZ Khan, SS & Pathan - well played OK and we need them. Perhaps we rotate them with RP & Jokeinder. I would actually rest SS for the next match. He needs to calm himself down first. Bhajji - gave a way 57 runs & scored 4 - i.e. deficit of 53. I don't think bhajji did enough to get in the ODI team personally in the first place. I would DROP bhajji & play Motu (he may go for more than 57 but he may actually also score a lot more than 4 that bhajji scored). Motu is actually quite a good bowler. This seems very logical to me but our selectors? Powar+SRT+Yuvraj = 72 runs from 11 overs. Powar being the fifth bowler - not used full quota of his 10 overs. What is the point of Powar playing? Scored 17 - not bad. I would play a better batter here than Powar. It is obvious that Dhoni doesn't think as highly of him as Dravid. Why not play batter who can bowl or even just a batter, e.g. Rohit Sharma. If you wanted to play some one who can bowl - how about Yusuf Pathan - he may go for 70+ in his overs (I don't think he would but..), there are chances that he would actually score quite bit more than Powar. It seems our 4th and 5th bowlers are going for so many runs - why not play batters who can bowl and actually do the same or better than the regular bowlers. 4/5th gave away 119 runs. I say play Motu and Yusuf Pathan/Rohit Sharma/Jokeinder instead of Powar and Bhajji. But, hey what do I know about cricket. :tounge_smile: