David Warner told to play grade cricket

DAVID Warner has been given a suspended one-match ban for not attending a Sydney grade cricket match on the weekend. The Australian Test opener was told by Cricket New South Wales that he would have to play the next club two rounds and possibly a third if Ryobi Cup commitments allow after a meeting with chief executive Andrew Jones this morning. Warner did not attend the second day of the match for his new club side Randwick Petersham on Saturday. The side was fielding and Warner claimed he needed net practice and was seen later at the the Randwick races. “I believed I was doing the right thing by focusing on my training and batting, but in hindsight I should have played,†Warner said in a statement yesterday. “ I remain determined to score runs for NSW and Australia and am also looking forward to taking the field for Randy-Petes this round. †Warner, who was twice disciplined by Cricket Australia earlier this year will miss a Ryobi Cup or Shield match if there is a further breach. He also has to make two visits to other grade clubs to promote the NSW Blues sponsors. “This has been an unfortunate episode,†NSW chief executive Andrew Jones said. “Like most cricket fans, I and all at Cricket NSW would like nothing more than to see David Warner achieve his potential on and off the field. “However, in order to do this David needs to ensure that he is doing the right things and working closely with the organisation in all areas. We believe the suspended sentence demonstrates our good faith and gives David the opportunity to prove his commitment to NSW’s fans and stakeholders, including the Grade clubs. We are hopeful that this is the last incident of this nature so that David and Cricket NSW can focus solely on cricket for the remainder of the season.†- See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/cricket/david-warner-told-to-play-grade-cricket/story-e6frg7rx-1226734719099#sthash.PmNc0rdf.dpuf
Is he going Symonds way?