Aaron is back to where it all began

rkt.india

MUMBAI: Three years ago, in ideal settings a young fast bowler served notice of his potential to be an India new ball bowler. Playing in a Vijay Hazare Trophy match against Gujarat in 2010, young Varun Aaron made the discerning sit up and take notice when he logged 153kmph on the speed gun. Aaron's bowling action was flawless while his rhythm and work ethics were outstanding. But just when he seemed to have caught the selectors' eye and cricket fans' imagination, a career threatening stress fracture laid him low. The lower back injury kept Aaron out of action for close to 15 months and during this period medium pacers R Vinay Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, to name a few, found favour with the national selectors. In short, a fully recovered Aaron will now have to begin from scratch and also ensure he stays injury-free in an attempt to get back into the Indian squad. Aaron, who turns out for Jharkhand in the Ranji Trophy, was picked for India's tour of Australia in 2010-11, but had to be withdrawn because of the injury. "It was frustrating," Aaron said after Jharkhand's training session at the Wankhede Stadium on Wednesday and added: "More so because I put in so much hard work. Had I not put in that amount of work but still got injured I would have cursed myself. I can only say that it was a very unfortunate injury and it came at the wrong time. "I was really looking forward to the experience of bowling on fast bouncy Australian tracks. But I guess it was not meant to be." Aaron who had not played a competitive match since the injury, has begun this season with three Ranji Trophy matches for Jharkhand against Karnataka, Haryana and Odisha. He will now feature in the match against Mumbai which begins at the Wankhede Stadium on Friday. And Aaron felt that he is slowly getting into the groove. "I have played three first class matches this season and with each match I have gained confidence. I feel my rhythm is great and I hope to get on top of my game," Aaron said. Sure, Aaron may be confident, but there are a number of fast medium bowlers on the horizon now. Aaron has the talent, but will have to go that extra mile to impress the selectors that he is the man for national duty. "I know it is difficult to stage a comeback. But I'm working really hard and trying to be consistent. The rest is beyond my control," he said.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Pace-ace-Aaron-is-back-to-where-it-all-began/articleshow/26875933.cms