Fifa World Cup 2014

gphfaruk

Has any national team ever won four consecutive major tournaments, as Spain are aiming for here? Australia will probably be lucky not to exit the tournament with three drubbings given the group it's in (Chile, Netherlands, and Spain). :haha: Whichever of the other three finishes second will likely face Brazil in the next round. :fear: I know the Oranje knocked them out last time, but it will be infinitely harder to toss them at home. England also in a tough group with Uruguay, Italy, and Costa Rica. Could easily see them not making it through.

FIFA showing only 2 world cup wins for Uruguay so far ......
Uruguay won Gold medal for Men's Football in 1924 and 1928 Olympics. It was success of those Olympics Football Tournament which inspired Fifa to organize world cup in 1930. Fifa recognize Uruguay's 1924 and 1928 Olympics success as World Titles. That is why they have four stars on their badge and i said they will win their fifth world title in my previous post.

Has any national team ever won four consecutive major tournaments, as Spain are aiming for here? Australia will probably be lucky not to exit the tournament with three drubbings given the group it's in (Chile, Netherlands, and Spain). :haha: Whichever of the other three finishes second will likely face Brazil in the next round. :fear: I know the Oranje knocked them out last time, but it will be infinitely harder to toss them at home. England also in a tough group with Uruguay, Italy, and Costa Rica. Could easily see them not making it through.
No team have won four consecutive major tournaments. Current record is three consecutive major tournament wins by Uruguay and Spain. Uruguay won 1924 Olympics, 1928 Olympics and 1930 Fifa World Cup. Spain won Euro 2008, 2010 Fifa World Cup and Euro 2012.

Uruguay won Gold medal for Men's Football in 1924 and 1928 Olympics. It was success of those Olympics Football Tournament which inspired Fifa to organize world cup in 1930. Fifa recognize Uruguay's 1924 and 1928 Olympics success as World Titles. That is why they have four stars on their badge and i said they will win their fifth world title in my previous post.
Ok. So it was not the world cup. They can have the Olympics all they want.

Ok. So it was not the world cup. They can have the Olympics all they want.
There was no World Cup. Olympics Football Tournament winners counted as World Champions. First World Cup was in 1930 hosted by Uruguay and they won it.