Sign in to follow this  
Switchblade

Delhi Daredevils -IPL 2014 Official thread

Is lack of international cricket hurting Pietersen's T20 career? http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/cold-logic-behind-kevin-pietersendelhi-breakup/529206-78.html "The thing is, we have to move on..." TA Sekhar, the Delhi team mentor, later told Wisden India. And so it was. "Yeah, it was surprising no one went for him. He is a great player, he had a good Big Bash League, and we were lucky to get him (for cheap)," Muttiah Muralitharan, the Hyderabad bowling coach, told Wisden India. "In the auctions you saw that Angelo Mathews went for a high price, so we couldn't afford him," said Muralitharan. "Yuvraj (Singh) and Dinesh Karthik also went for big money. Pietersen was the next biggest player, so we thought we'd go for him." Sekhar was blunt and straightforward. "Pietersen has quit playing international cricket. He is a great player, he brings a lot of popularity and a lot of fans, and the sponsors will be very happy with him. And he can win matches single-handedly "But T20 cricket is such that if you don't play the other two formats of the game regularly, you'll struggle just playing this form. Because the tournaments come just once in three months, and in between those periods your skill level will go down if you don't practise. I'm not saying his skill level has gone down, but he has had injuries." Sekhar was vehement. "I won't say he had a very good BBL. It was reasonably good," he said. "The thing is, we have to move on. Even though he came at 1/4th of the price, our scheme of things doesn't allow for that. We are looking at multi-skilled players like (JP) Duminy and Yuvraj and Mathews, who can all bowl." "If I go with four regular bowlers, I have seven batting options, and seven bowling options. Then, if on any day a bowler is going to get hit, I would have an option for another bowler to fill in those one or two overs."

Zaheer looks to be in the final stage of his career as he mentioned his injury concerns playing in FC and that he could manage 4 overs. Delhi could've used someone like Finch/Williamson and another pace allrounder with all that money to spare. Mayank/Iyer/Another Indian Quinton Tiwary Yuvi Duminy Mathews Albie/Sandhu/Tahir Mishra Zak Shami Indian Bowler

Bowling looks really good - Shami, Zak, Mishra, Tahir, Sandhu, Coulter-Nile, Nadeem and a host of allrounders - Mathews, Albie Morkel, Yuvi, Duminy. DD do lack foreign batting talent this time.

okay,this team looks sh1t!! full of chokers like jpd,kock,tahir bhai,mishra and batting looks so weak.only spin department looks a bit strong especially the way the kotla pitch behaves. who are the hitters by the way? matthews is not,jpd is not,yuvi is past it (hopefully finds his mojo back),jadhav is the only one who can be dependable

All set Manoj Tiwary Mayank Jadhav Yuvi JPD Matthews Albie Morkel Amit Mishra Zaheer Khan Imran Tahir Mohd Shami
theres no wk in that team,rest is fine.2 pacers,2 ARs,2 spinners so the bowling looks okay(only if we had a yadav or aaron in place of zak :(() .batting looks weak

okay,this team looks sh1t!! full of chokers like jpd,kock,tahir bhai,mishra and batting looks so weak.only spin department looks a bit strong especially the way the kotla pitch behaves. who are the hitters by the way? matthews is not,jpd is not,yuvi is past it (hopefully finds his mojo back),jadhav is the only one who can be dependable
Quinton De Kock Mayank Agarwal/Sherayas Iyer Kedar Jhadav Manoj Tiwary/CM Gautam JP Duminy Yuvi Angelo Mattews Albie Morkel Zaheer Khan Gurinder Sandhu Amit Mishra That's no where close to be called a weak team dood..

De Kock Tiwary Duminy Yuvi Mathews Jadav Gautham (WK) NCN Mishra Shami Zak That's a pretty decent team. Pretty good batting and lower order hitting with Jadav Gautham and NCN 4 seamers including Mathews and Mishra Yuvi and Duminy as good spin options . That's a very good team but the problem for me is Duminy as captain .I don't think he is mentally strong enough or experiences to be captain.Should have been Mathews But Kristen has never had any success as T20 coach

Quinton De Kock Mayank Agarwal/Sherayas Iyer Kedar Jhadav Manoj Tiwary/CM Gautam JP Duminy Yuvi Angelo Mattews Albie Morkel Zaheer Khan Gurinder Sandhu Amit Mishra That's no where close to be called a weak team dood..
5 overseas players .Dekock Duminy Mathews Morkel and Sandhu

theres no wk in that team' date='rest is fine.2 pacers,2 ARs,2 spinners so the bowling looks okay(only if we had a yadav or aaron in place of zak :(() .batting looks weak[/quote'] Mayank or jadhav can be keepers for u dilli

where is desi cartman/aaku/gambhirfan :dd: supporter????????????????? no food pandal by desi paaji this year? :hungry: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.