Wimbledon 2014 - June 23rd to July 6th

zep1706

Fed breaks Stan in the 3rd set
Stan is struggling physically. He looks exhausted. Could be the effect of playing 3 best of 5 matches in 3 days or some illness. Anyways Federer will win it from here. Stan is a good competitor this days but I don't think he is physically good enough.

Stan is struggling physically. He looks exhausted. Could be the effect of playing 3 best of 5 matches in 3 days or some illness. Anyways Federer will win it from here. Stan is a good competitor this days but I don't think he is physically good enough.
Lost to Djokovic twice last year in the 5th set so yeah some fitness issue but he did beat Djokovic this year in s 5 setter so it means he can pull off against the best. Today ,yes he looks exhausted,maybe a bit injured as well so we can give him the benefit of the doubt but against a 33 year old,he should give no excuses about fitness

Lost to Djokovic twice last year in the 5th set so yeah some fitness issue but he did beat Djokovic this year in s 5 setter so it means he can pull off against the best. Today ,yes he looks exhausted,maybe a bit injured as well so we can give him the benefit of the doubt but against a 33 year old,he should give no excuses about fitness
It's not an issue of fitness. Stan is very fit. He is definitely sick. He is just rolling in his serves. Federer breaks in the 4th set.

Fed very cleverly uses the backhand slice on the grass ' date='he has shown nice defense today[/quote'] He is playing well but Stan was up to the task for the first two sets. But with his physical condition he had to win that set. It went downhill for him after that. This is was Federer's first major challenge he did show some vulnerability. Luckily for him, his two of him main opponents are already out. Djokovic also barely survived.

Stan is playing his 3rd match in 3 days, were we expecting him to not show fatigue? It's unbelievably unfair on him, too unfair.
That's not the only issue here. He played two relatively easy matches. He is physically sick. There is no medicine to beat fatigue, he has taken a lot of pills already. But yes I have already said this before his schedule was extremely unfair.

He is playing well but Stan was up to the task for the first two sets. But with his physical condition he had to win that set. It went downhill for him after that. This is was Federer's first major challenge he did show some vulnerability. Luckily for him' date=' his two of him main opponents are already out. Djokovic also barely survived.[/quote'] I never felt Murray as a tough opponent.Nadal is but I had the feeling that he'd be knocked out before the semis,Djokovic is but the main threat was Stan.he's still putting up a fight