Patel declares I am fully fit

VADODARA, Feb 1: Keen to prove his fitness ahead of the Indian team selection for the series against Sri Lanka, fast bowler Munaf Patel on Thursday bowled his full quota in a local practice match and declared himself 'fully fit'. The lanky seamer, who sustained an ankle injury during India's tour of South Africa, was on Wednesday asked to play the One-day match in the Zaveri League before being assessed by the BCCI doctor Anant Joshi. "I am working over-time to make sure I regain full fitness. Today I completed my full quota of 10 overs and took one wicket conceding 30 runs. I also fielded during the match and did not find it difficult on the field," Patel told after the match. "I am feeling fully fit," he added. The selectors, who will meet on Saturday to pick the team for the series against Sri Lanka, would depend on Dr Joshi's assessment report. Coach Greg Chappell has already made it clear that the bowler, who played against South Africa without being completely fit, would return to the team only when he is hundred per cent fit. Patel, who was called to practice with the Indian team ahead of their fourth and final cricket match against the West Indies, was closely watched by physio John Gloster and expert bio-mechanist Ian Fraser at the nets.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Patel declares I am fully fit HE is supposed to be meat eater and still ambles like a pregnant lady in the field and even while bowling gives impression that he is just going through the motions. At his age he should be oozing aggression and confidence :wall: