Regd Pankaj Jaiswal

Vijy

In recent times, the selectors have made some left-field selections for limited overs formats (Pandya, Sran, etc). I was wondering if anyone has seen Pankaj Jaiswal bowl, and if so, I'm curious to hear what they make of him.

The reason I ask is that his List A and T20 domestic records are outstanding. In the former, he averages 16 with the ball (and ER of 4) along with SR of 113. In T20s, he has a bowling avg of 14 (SR of 6.3) and a batting SR of nearly 250. In this SMA trophy, averaged 20 with the ball (ER of 7.5) and a boggling batting SR of over 300 (for a very small sample size admittedly).

Another plus point is that he's pretty young (around 20) and appears to have been involved with the U19 team at some stage.

Edited by Vijy

He bowled against delhi in vijay hazare, was bowling slower than Ronit More. He is in the range on 125-129k as of now. If he can develop pace of 10k more in the next couple of years then he may add value to other teams other than his state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He bowled against delhi in vijay hazare, was bowling slower than Ronit More. He is in the range on 125-129k as of now. If he can develop pace of 10k more in the next couple of years then he may add value to other teams other than his state.

In ODIs, it would suffice if he can be a Gavin Larsen type of bowler who bowls 10 overs tidily (since we don't even have players in the ODI team doing that), and can offer some late runs down the order.

In ODIs, it would suffice if he can be a Gavin Larsen type of bowler who bowls 10 overs tidily (since we don't even have players in the ODI team doing that), and can offer some late runs down the order.

Doesn't seem to be a proper batsmen, yes he has slogged in the SMA trophy but if he shows he can stay at the wicket for more than 5+ overs play 30/35 balls then he can add value with the bat. Though he has potential I only can wish he converts it into something good, but too raw as of now.

Doesn't seem to be a proper batsmen, yes he has slogged in the SMA trophy but if he shows he can stay at the wicket for more than 5+ overs play 30/35 balls then he can add value with the bat. Though he has potential I only can wish he converts it into something good, but too raw as of now.

Ok. Good to know. I was just struck by his record, and wished to discuss it

His strike rate with the ball seems to be very high. Is that his batting strike rate?

Yes, that's the one. This year, in the Mushtaq Ali trophy, he averaged over 300 batting SR. Of course, it's only tiny cameos so far.  But, he appears to be primarily a List A and T20 bowler.