Well played Hayden

Superb knock by him. Stuck it out' date=' played the spinners well, kept the scoreboard moving, kept Australia in sight of a win. Audacious shots, bullying approach. Great knock. :hatsoff:[/quote'] Yeah! Very well played. After his half ton, he was even handicapped by that thigh strain but kept on going. Had really no problem in scoring against Harbhajan who was surprisingly bowling really well and Kumble who strangely was not his accurate self today. Those two reverse sweeps forced the change in field and then he kept on milking singles and twos. It was a very smart knock from him today.
Quite an incredible that at the age of 26 or 27 he was considered an inferior opener than the likes of Slater' date=' Taylor, Langer(who was a # 3 batsman back then) and even the likes of Elliot and Blewett but when it is all said and done he would go down as a better batsman than all of them.[/quote'] this guy along with Steve Waugh are perfect example of determination, temperament and pure hardwork as compared to natural talent...something that UV and dhoni should learn from. Very well played, seriously hate the guy for scoring so much against us. really a thorn in flesh.

i say f-off hayden ! here is a couple of stories about him from a poster at a different forum

I was at a function just before the Boxing Day Test at the Langham Hotel (where the Indians stayed) and got a chance to talk to a lot of them. One of the stories that came up is an incident he had was with Irfan Pathan in one of the one-dayers. He apparently said " So Irfan, heard you signed a new contract?" Pathan ignored him, played the next ball straight back at the bowler, Hayden then went "So does that mean your mum won't have to beg anymore? You can feed your family now then." This caused Pathan to go over to the umpire and complain saying he was abused. The umpire calls Ponting over and asks him about it and Ponting laughs it off saying it's nothing. The very next over Hayden gives him another serve saying "What the heck were you doing? Why don't you show some ****en ticker? Don't go running off to the umpires just cause someone had a bit of a go." And so on. There's plenty more stories like that going around from grade cricketers, but one's like the above are what piss people off most about him. The Kiwi's hate him with a passion, some of the comments I've heard from them are along the lines of "If I could put a bullet to any Test player....."
I just remembered one that's even worse. Just before a game against Zimbabwe, one of Tatenda Taibu's best friends was really ill but the doctors couldn't figure out what it was. When he (Taibu) came out to bat Hayden started chirping away going "There's a big AIDS problem in Africa isn't there? I hear a lot of people have it and the don't even know about it." He really is an idiot.
I played club cricket against Scott Styris a couple of years ago and he told me that it wasn't uncommon for Aussies teams to go to India and pull some disgraceful stuff. Doing stuff like taking pictures where they're laughing at beggars, and doing patronising head wobbling stuff to the Indians in the crowd there. Not saying Roy deserved it, but it's the uproar from people like Hayden that I find ridiculous.
Guest dada_rocks

Good knock but I still feel these aussie batsmen overall are reaping benefits of lack of quality pace attack around the world..In the era of donald wasim courtney etc he was a discard and rightly so.. even when english had a credible attack one summer his weakness was exposed..

Good knock but I still feel these aussie batsmen overall are reaping benefits of lack of quality pace attack around the world..In the era of donald wasim courtney etc he was a discard and rightly so.. even when english had a credible attack one summer his weakness was exposed..
Quite true