Ill rate them in order of good they are
1. DD- The Best
My starting XI- Gambhir, Munro/Roy , Pant, iyer , shankar, maxwell,Morris , nadeem, mishra, Rabadda/boult, Shami/avesh
Ill give them edge over KXIP as they have gambhir as captain and they have all the bases well covered .
- If maxwell is in form well that cud put this side head of many and if not then it looses that extra mile
- Also Rabadaa shud play seriously as last yr it felt he wasnt giving his 100%
- Gr8 for prithvi shaw,kalra n abhishek sharma as he gets to play shami, rabadda, boult everyday in nets and seek help of ponting
- whole team can rotate around gambhir n later shankar
- Maxwell, Pant n morris thats one heck of firepower
Will start with KXIP 1st
Starting XI- Finch, Rahul, Nair, Miller, yuvi/tiwary, Stonis , Axar, ashwin, tye, sran, rajpoot
1. Yuvi form can be cruical, if not in form they ll find him hard to drop due to fan base and that cud cost half the tournament
2. They are a new team with new captain so might take time to gel together. It may sound an unimportant factor but its not thats the reason MI n CSK put value on retaining the core. A lot wud depend on Hodge n Ashwin
3. Seems avg in field
4. good bowling but many teams have better
5. Ill play tiwary within few games if yuvi doesnt work, tiwary is also a good fielder and can help ashwin with captaincy
6. Rahul n NAir can bat anywere in top 4 which gives them flexibilty
7. They can always throw gayle and u never knw.
8. akashdeep nath can be a surprise
3. CSK- do not underestimate the team on age factor......very well built squad
Watson, Faf, Raina, Raydu, dhoni, jadhav, Bravo, Jadeja/bhajji, Karn/bhajji, Wood, Thakur
1. All bases well covered
2. Have exp players which comes in handy in final stages which is why we have seen young sides like DD or RR struggle to reach playoffs in last stages.
3. Great bunch of spinner which can make them unbeatable at home
4. More then few excellent fielder- Raina, Faf, jadeja, bravo, Raydu, dhoni behind stumps.
5. They have attack for a turning track- they can play bravo, watson n wood/indian pacer as seamers n play the wide range of spinners
6. they also have pacer for a bouncy track - Lungi, wood, asif, thakur, monu
7. watson can open n bat as finisher. If he fails they can get billings or even vijay and have one more overseas bowler
8. Consistent players
9. Lacks firepower in terms of s/r but still can manage 150-180 which is good to win many games and they have the bowling that wnt get them big totals most days.
10. captain has the bowling arsenal he likes to choke teams in middle with help of fielders .
11. Batsman who can bowl full quote or almost 2-3 overs Raina, jadhav, watson, bravo (he is a gun bowler in t20)
12. They shud hope bravo finds some form with bat
13. dhoni with this squad shud adopt a bit of kohli style of horses for courses
Starting XI- Kock, kohli, ABDV, Homme, Sarfraz mandeep, Sundar, chahal , Coulter nile , Kulwant, siraj/umesh/saini/negi
1. What a top order, if kohli remains consistent with lower order selection it wont disappoint as well
2. Bowling looks good to specially spin dept with chahal n sundar
3. Kohli captaincy is a weekness but his drive to take team anywere as captain n player is also the strength.
4. Kohli with this squad shud aim for balance n consistency like a dhoni wud do
5. Shud start with kulwant ahead of aniket .
6. Baz can be a help on field and as captain but can they make space for him in team
7. Shud play coulter nile rather going for all indians in bowling which can prove really costly
8. A lot depend on Chinnaswamy's pitch - Waha kumble hai
Somehow this team doesnt excite me
SRH starting XI
Warner, dhawan, williamson, Pandey, hooda, shakib, Saha, Bhuvi, Khaleel, Kaul, rashid
1. Again heavily dependent on warner
2. Even they have 3 batsman with avg s/r - dhawan, pandey , Saha
3.No one can blaze apart from warner or may be hooda, hence hooda form wud be very crucial
4. Mustafizur was the X-factor when they won i see that lacking
5. Other teams have better keeper batsman
6. lack of good indian spinner can hurt them
their batting is better then SRH but warner i feel is a better captain and has better bowling attack
Starting XI- Tripathi, Rahane, smith, Samson, butler, stokes , gowtham, Archer, unadkat, Gopal/lomor, Saxena/dhawal/anureet
1. A good consistent top order with lot of firepower in lower order . Stokes, butler n gowtham can be the x-factor
2. Very week on spinners
3. If archer fails well their fast bowling also might lack the sting
4. Unadkat on jaipur pitches can become easy to counter.
5. Can struggle on turning tracks and the later stages of IPL can offer many such tracks.
6. Suggestions- go in auction n buy ISH sodhi n look for some domestic spinners
7. also try to add aaron, warrier in terms of domestic pace
7. Mumbai indians
Starting Lineup Mumbai Indians-
Lewis, Kishen, Rohit , Pollard, duminy , Krunal, hardik , chahar, cummins, bumrah, sanghwan
1. Shud start with this and if they feel they are week in bowling then can drop duminy n add an overseas bowler
2. Lacks in terms of backups- never a good thin
3. Rahul, akila n anukul - u never knw with these spinners they are young
4. Needs more batsman specially a top player to reduce burden on rohit
5. suggestion - buy amla, root , shaun marsh .....one or two of them depending on pocket left
6. Can add an overseas fast bowler n spinner to like morkel , ish sodhi, Mitch mcgleshan
What were they smoking, spending half the pocket on 4 players only
KKR- Lynn, uthappa, shubhman , rana, karthik, Russell, narine, starc, kuldeep, nagarkotti, Mavi
1. where is the captain- If anything we have learned in IPL is the importance of a good captain. Their options are very unknown
2. Very poor on backups specially in batting
3. with so many issue if ur keeper has a habbit of brain farts......well well well
4. If starc gets injured they are screwed
5. If lynn gets injured , again can become tough
6. fire power in batting but a lot of inconsistent batsman to.
7, No batsman to hold them toghter and their best bet is shubhamn gill, depending on an 18 yr old cant be good
8. shud buy morgan incase things go wrong at start they can make him captain
9. Shud look to add amla n root or marsh (not sure how much pocket is left)
10. Add unmukt n baba- atleast kuch backup hoga
11. start scouting some young talent around.
How do u guys rate the teams after auction, .....