1. To fit Pandya in 11- We all want Pandya to play as we have high hopes on him. But in current scenario where our main bowlers are rested we can't play him as 5th bowler. I don't think so Pandya at this stage can give you 10 overs every match as a bowler and none of the top batsman bowl. Raina is out and Mandeep and Jadhav don't bowl as well. So basically if we play Pandya, we are risking the 5th bowler. Pandya as 5th bowler becomes more risky as our best bowlers like Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhuvi all are rested and there is huge inexperience in bowling lineup. So if anyone of main bowler have an off day and Pandya can't give us 10 over well well we are really going to struggle .
2. Raina at 6 wasn't good either in case of collapse- Another thing what worries with the idea what if top order collapses . Well when did Raina bailed us out of collapse , hardly very few instances. So even in case of collapse what better Raina would do than Pandya.
3. Responsibility makes u grow- Batting Panyda at 6 will give him more balls and responsibility to put a price on wkt. Best way to improve batting is to bat up the order. Even in case of Jadeja n Raina i always believed their batting regressed coz of batting at that spot. Pandya did show he can put a price on his wicket in Australia A tour .
4. Dew and inexperienced bowling lineup - Most matches are in north in winter so there would be dew for sure and we have extremely inexperienced bowling lineup so a 6th bowler is must in such scenario. In case of dew the spinners are almost out of the game.
5. Adding Jadhav would solve no purpose- We already have Mishra and Bumrah who are liabilities in field and minus 2 assets like Jadeja and Raina in field . That bowling lineup needs to to be backed by fielding so Adding pandya to field makes more sense than Jadhav. Also do we see Jadhav playing in 2019,well no way. These days we can't have so many liabilities in field.
6. Pandya, Axar, Yadav, Mishra- well the tail doesn't look that week, all these guys can bat and certainly all can make 50s for sure.
7. Pandya being looked on as test all rounder- well if we are looking to make Pandya as test all rounder and make him bat at 6, well we have to trust him at 6 in ODIs to then.