Hogg's 'bastard' defence; India withdraw complaint on Hogg

DesiChap

...in the news Hogg Hearing today, Indians looking for a compromise tit-for-tat OR charge hogg under 3.3 and ban for couple of maches If Procter rules in favour of hogg, expect a huge backlash Can't have 2 sets of rules there Till yesterday evening, no chance of compromise Good opportunity for kumble and ponting to cool it off or else this is grow further There was never a fight, everyone saw what happened

...in the news Hogg Hearing today, Indians looking for a compromise tit-for-tat OR charge hogg under 3.3 and ban for couple of maches If Procter rules in favour of hogg, expect a huge backlash Can't have 2 sets of rules there Till yesterday evening, no chance of compromise Good opportunity for kumble and ponting to cool it off or else this is grow further There was never a fight, everyone saw what happened
No truce with the [ edit: buddy, relax now ]

India withdraw complaint on Hogg India tonight withdrew a complaint against Australian spinner Brad Hogg for making an offensive comment against two players during the second cricket Test in Sydney. Hogg is now eligible to play in the third Test at the WACA Ground starting Wednesday. Indian captain Anil Kumble announced the dropping of the charge following peace talks between he and Australian captain Ricky Ponting. Hogg had been charged with allegedly referring to Kumble and Mahendra Singh Dhoni as "bastards" in Sydney. The rival captains met in the presence of International Cricket Council mediator Ranjan Madugalle, and agreed that both sides would play with renewed respect for each other. "From what happened with Ricky and I, we had a discussion with Ranjan and after that it was important that the game of cricket moved on,'' Kumble said. "Cricket is larger than the individual and it was important that we forgot about what happened in Sydney as one of those bad moments and that it was time to move on. "So in view of that, we decided as a team that we withdraw the charge made against Brad Hogg. "It was just one of those incidents, probably made in the heat of the moment and it was important that we moved on. "So in view of that, we have withdrawn the charges.'' AAP

Kumble is the cowardish and crying captain.There is no truth in Kumble's charges.Shame on you Kumble.You let all the Indians down .I curse that in other two matches also Hogg will call you bastard and nobody will believe your cry.I wish you are??????.
Are Ricky ponting and Symonds going to withdraw their charges against Harbhajan? If yes, then it makes sense for Kumble to have withdrawn this. Otherwise, it is bull ****.

gentlemanly? there are many ways to see this.... 1. you put up a spurious charge tit-for-tat, then realise how piss weak it is, how poor it looks and that we wont bother defending against it...we lose hogg for 2 games, no problem, he wont be playing perth so its a moot point 2. in the spirit of the game, you withdraw the charge because you wish to extend an olive branch to the opposing team and want to move on personally i think it was 1 then 2.....2 looks better once you realise how silly 1 is...and is the right thing to do

I wont be surprised if Harbhajan singh is also let off with a suspended sentence or the ban is completely lifted after the appeal is heard.This could be a well planned move by Ranjan Madugalle. Hogg is not at all contesting the charge-so, he could have been levied at least a fine in the hearing, even if under a less serious offence. Then it would be difficult to overturn the ban on Harbhajan. Now that, Indians are shown as gentlemanly,then in the spirit of the game, possibly, Ranjan and the NZ Judge may let off Bhajji. On a lighter note, if this can ensure the presence of Hogg in the playing XI for the perth test, it will be an opportunity for the Indian team to breathe easy, especially if Tait does not replace Johnson!

I wont be surprised if Harbhajan singh is also let off with a suspended sentence or the ban is completely lifted after the appeal is heard.This could be a well planned move by Ranjan Madugalle. Hogg is not at all contesting the charge-so, he could have been levied at least a fine in the hearing, even if under a less serious offence. Then it would be difficult to overturn the ban on Harbhajan. Now that, Indians are shown as gentlemanly,then in the spirit of the game, possibly, Ranjan and the NZ Judge may let off Bhajji. On a lighter note, if this can ensure the presence of Hogg in the playing XI for the perth test, it will be an opportunity for the Indian team to breathe easy, especially if Tait does not replace Johnson!
I wish it happens.Otherwise Kumble will be the number 1 cry baby in test cricket history .

re: bhajji, India came in very unprofessionally prepared for the hearing, the Indian representative was making grand sweeping statements, not questioning witnesses but giving speeches... i hope he's not a lawyer back home, because his clients would be heading straight to jail.... at this hearing they will reverse the original decision ( as they should ) on appeal, bhajji free to play ( but shown as a hot head and he will be watched in future ).... i dont know why they charged him originally ( i said this in an earlier thread ) if not for the poor preparation by the indian management.....even if he said it you need more proof than that. not fair on bhajji and indian team but they need to take these things more seriously

I wont be surprised if Harbhajan singh is also let off with a suspended sentence or the ban is completely lifted after the appeal is heard.This could be a well planned move by Ranjan Madugalle. Hogg is not at all contesting the charge-so, he could have been levied at least a fine in the hearing, even if under a less serious offence. Then it would be difficult to overturn the ban on Harbhajan. Now that, Indians are shown as gentlemanly,then in the spirit of the game, possibly, Ranjan and the NZ Judge may let off Bhajji.
I don't think the world would see it from that angle, Rajan. If Kumble and co had registered the complaint against Hogg, they should not have backed out like this. This will only tell the world that either the Indians were lying about Hogg's comment or that particular comment is not offensive to them, or they registered the complaint after losing their cool!! What is the point of backing down? No court can prove Bhajji's offense without an evidence. This was one opportunity to go hard at these biased match referees too. But... This had to happen! Afterall, BCCI is too concerned not to hurt their prime IPL stars and they might have told Kumble to drop the charge!