Aussies had it coming: Boycott

DesiChap

Get your yellow-tinted blinkers off mate. Boycs lost even worse to the West Indies- when was the last time you heard him take umbrage to the WI's sporting conduct- in the past or present ?
Last night. SA v. Windies Test. Repeatedly. Isn't it interesting how someone as roundly rubbished as a commentator and critic suddenly has credence when he expresses an anti Oz sentiment ?
Isn't it interesting how someone as roundly rubbished as a commentator and critic
News to me. You will find Boycs is just about as well respected as Benaud is when it comes to commentary.
Last night. SA v. Windies Test. Repeatedly.
And what did he say about their conduct ?
News to me. You will find Boycs is just about as well respected as Benaud is when it comes to commentary.
No wonder aussiefan is cracking up. "as well respected as Benaud" Surely, you jest. Where have you been hiding since Boycs became a cricket writer/critic and commentator ?? Maybe if you put 'Boycott' into the ICF search facility
And what did he say about their conduct ?
Irresponsible, lazy (as fieldsmen), lacking commitment, and his standard, "My moom could've batted better than them"

If Aus manage to break the world record of 16 consecutive victories in tests, I am sure EVERY time this record is mentioned in the future, it will come with the caveat of having been labeled the worst behaved team in the history of the game. Though I am sure, most countries indulge is sledging and on-field abuse, but Aus have become synonymous for it. I dont think we will see anyone going Gaga if Aus manage to beat the current record. It will be shallow record.

Donny' date=' who do you rate Benaud higher than Boycs ? Oflate, u never hear Benaud say anything but the obvious. I think Ian Chappell is the best commentator on Channel Nine. Benaud is too overrated.[/quote'] Plus, Benaud makes some glaring errors. In the SCG test, he said the outswinger was Sharma's stock ball and made one other error which i am not able to recollect for now. And it is funny to see Aussie worshipper Mark Nicholas literally go head over heels, in praise of Benaud.

To his credit, u NEVER tire hearing Benaud's voice. Thats not something u can say about other commies, that easily. But what he says (havent listened to him in the 60s, 70s & 80s, so i dont know how good he was back then) is nothing special, to deserve the kinda respect that he seems to get from co-cricket experts.

Guest HariSampath
Last night. SA v. Windies Test. Repeatedly. Isn't it interesting how someone as roundly rubbished as a commentator and critic suddenly has credence when he expresses an anti Oz sentiment ?
Boycott roundly rubbished ?? what are you on ? He is the highest paid cricket commentator and last I checked NO ONE had rubbished Geoff Boycott
Donny, who do you rate Benaud higher than Boycs ? Oflate, u never hear Benaud say anything but the obvious. I think Ian Chappell is the best commentator on Channel Nine. Benaud is too overrated.
Once again, Wrong track. Why do you people keep doing it ?? And how the hell did Ch. 9 comms get into this? Presumably, you meant 'why' do I rate Benaud higher than Boycs. I don't. Nor did I say I did. For those who keep putting words into my mouth: I happen to like Boycott as a commentator - that is, commentating play during a match. As for his newspaper opinions, they are like most. He tries to be mildly controversial like all the others do. That's why they're hired. It's years since I've heard Richie commentate as I don't get FTA TV. From what I remember, he's really a 'non commentator' in that he's (well, certainly was in his early days of working in television) a firm believer in the viewer being able to see what's going on. Ian Chappell (seeing you brought his name into this) is the opposite. Talks ad nauseum. He is astute about certain aspects of the game but agonisingly repetitive. He used to bore me to tears. The only one worse was his brother, Greg. These days, Barry Richards and Terry Alderman come close but Greg C was an absolute insomnia cure.
Guest HariSampath
Obviously' date=' you only checked as far as your bias allowed you to , Hari.[/quote'] My bias ? how about substantiating your statement that Boycott has been "roundly rubbished" ?
hahahh done and dusted aussiefan... :cantstop::cantstop: reality bites ehh?? as someone said.. aussies cant take it if going gets tough.. freaking chickens..
Veer, Let us not paint the Australia with the same brush! There are many ex players,administrators and fans who are upset at the present cricketers' attitude. So I apologise where ever i have generalised and hope not to do so in future.
Veer, Let us not paint the Australia with the same brush! There are many ex players,administrators and fans who are upset at the present cricketers' attitude. So I apologise where ever i have generalised and hope not to do so in future.
Chandan you are a very good person.. aap he kaha se? and I am just messing around in here.. Its stupid to generalize whole of australia as cheat.. am just bantering wid some of aussie posters here.. :D
Isn't it interesting how someone as roundly rubbished as a commentator and critic suddenly has credence when he expresses an anti Oz sentiment ?
If you mean Boycott, can you provide references of him being knocked as a commentator and critic? Given his standing in commentary after work with Channel Four, ESPN-Star in India and various other sources, his columns for the Telegraph and other media work, I'd be interested to see where he's been "roundly rubbished", assuming we're talking about sources more credible than online message boards. If you don't mean Boycott, can you elaborate as to whom you're talking about?
Once again, Wrong track. Why do you people keep doing it ?? And how the hell did Ch. 9 comms get into this?
Because u said this in your retort to CC. Quote by CC1981 viewpost.gif qs.gif News to me. You will find Boycs is just about as well respected as Benaud is when it comes to commentary. qe.gif
No wonder aussiefan is cracking up. "as well respected as Benaud" Surely' date=' you jest.[/quote'] I presumed u rated Benaud very highly as a commentator.