Man who revolutionised the mindset of opening batsmen in ODI

head coach

Re: Man who revolutionised the mindset of opening batsmen in ODI Agree and disagree with all posters! I like to think that Srikkanth experimented, and was a lone hand in the opening blitzkreig batting style - no one else followed him, with the exception of perhaps SMG in the world cup 87. Greatbatch was the same too, and less successful. Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana succeeded in showing the world that positive results could be achieved by going all out in the first 15. I like to think that KS was the first opener to go mental in the first overs, and Ranatunga was the first captain to successfully, and consistently, implement this policy.

Re: Man who revolutionised the mindset of opening batsmen in ODI Folks, I'm done arguing on something which is crystal clear. Predator/Ravi, you are not gaining any foothold by denying Jayasurya the credit. The facts are out there and let us agree to disagree if we think otherwise. :lmao:

Re: Man who revolutionised the mindset of opening batsmen in ODI

Predator/Ravi, you are not gaining any foothold by denying Jayasurya the credit.
At least I gave Jayasuriya credit by saying he did establish the hitting over the top type of cricket. To be honest you didn't even want to acknowledge Srikanth as the one to even come up with this brand of cricket in the 1980s roughly a decade and a half before :lol: I feel similarly mate, the facts are out there and there is nothing wrong in agreeing to disagree. People will make up their mind surely based on the facts.

Re: Man who revolutionised the mindset of opening batsmen in ODI

Folks, I'm done arguing on something which is crystal clear. Predator/Ravi, you are not gaining any foothold by denying Jayasurya the credit. The facts are out there and let us agree to disagree if we think otherwise. :lmao:
Summary; You claim that Jayasuriya "gave birth" to the 15 over charge. I think that is rubbish. The FACTS prove me correct. End of story. There is nothing left to agree or disagree on; it's just a case of who is right and who is wrong. Your homework is to read that article on Srikkanth. I want to see you at 10 PM tomorrow on this forum to do the quiz. The only thing crystal clear at the moment is your lack of cricketing knowledge.

Re: Man who revolutionised the mindset of opening batsmen in ODI I was too yoing to remember Srikanth when he was at his peak. But i do remember him going beserk in some match before the 92 world cup. Hitting over the top for started by Srikanth there is no doubt over that. Greatbatch also hit out hard but over the top or not I don't remember. Sachins innings in NZ was awesome but most strokes were along the ground as far as i remember. That the game where Jadeja and he opened right? But one guy i do remember who uses to hit over the infield even though he never opened in my knowledge was Lara. The inside out scoop in the first fifteen overs was his trademark. Jayasuria of couse shold have patented his shot. The short hand jab in the air.