FAO : Tendulkar rubbishers

I have called for Tendulkar to retire/ be dropped from the test squad before and i am very glad that he's making me eat humble pie. However, i still feel that if you fail to average 40 with the bat in all but one series out of 8 against real test teams ( i don't count easy runs against bangladesh/Zimbabwe in tests as of any value for ANYONE and on this i am consistent), you should be dropped. That was a span of two years in which Tendulkar averaged 40+ only ONCE against a non-BD/ZIM team and i definitely think it is a performance for which you should be dropped and asked to prove yourself again in the domestic scene. Yes, his reputation carried him through and it was also a matter of time before a genius like Tendulkar rediscovered his form, but the important fact is, Tendulkar(or ANYBODY for that matter) shouldn't be allowed a 'free ride till he finds his form' at Indian team's expense. It is purely conjecture, but i would be surprised if another player could not get over 40 average in 7 out of 8 test series against the established test nations. I am not saying that they'd have replaced Tendulkar of old days or even compare to a old, creaky-body Tendulkar of these days after he finds his form, merely that it is reasonable to expect that India could find atleast ONE batsman who'd average more than 40 in more than 1 out of 8 test series. Tendulkar is a legend and as Viv said so many years ago, even if Tendulkar did 'nothing' from now on, nobody could question his greatness. I am sure no batsman on the planet could hold a spot in the test team denying Tendulkar a re-entry if he was scoring truckload of runs in domestic cricket, thus demonstrating that he is 'back to his best'. Only that the arena of Tendulkar 'rediscovering his self' shouldn't be test cricket. It doesn't matter if you are 17 or 40, you have 1000 runs or 20K, average 10 or 100, Test arena is for serious competetive cricket and it CANNOT afford to give ANYONE a free-ride based on reputation and/or conviction of their return to form being merely a matter of time. I have no problems with Tendulkar's presence in the ODI team,atleast on a performance level. I think he should cut down or retire from ODIs simply because it will extend his test career undoubtedly. He's broken down several times in the last few years and i have serious doubts if his body can sustain 10-12 tests and 25-30 ODIs per year for much more than a couple of years at best.

CC1981, Very very well said :hail: Brilliant post, zimbly brilliant.

I have called for Tendulkar to retire/ be dropped from the test squad before and i am very glad that he's making me eat humble pie. However' date= i still feel that if you fail to average 40 with the bat in all but one series out of 8 against real test teams ( i don't count easy runs against bangladesh/Zimbabwe in tests as of any value for ANYONE and on this i am consistent), you should be dropped.
Absolutely.
That was a span of two years in which Tendulkar averaged 40+ only ONCE against a non-BD/ZIM team and i definitely think it is a performance for which you should be dropped and asked to prove yourself again in the domestic scene. Yes, his reputation carried him through and it was also a matter of time before a genius like Tendulkar rediscovered his form, but the important fact is, Tendulkar(or ANYBODY for that matter) shouldn't be allowed a 'free ride till he finds his form' at Indian team's expense. It is purely conjecture, but i would be surprised if another player could not get over 40 average in 7 out of 8 test series against the established test nations..
The above points hit the nail on its head. The ANYBODY is the important term above. Team India MUST win - and if someone, anyone is impeding it due to struggling with form for more than a series then drop him please. We cannot afford a struggling with form person for more than a few matches at a stretch.
Tendulkar had two poor series ie. Pakistan and England in 2006 if you care to look beyond the blinkers of meaningless stats like averaging 40 in yada yada yada.
Said the same thing, and then came the bumper attack (which is not personal and he's very objective :giggle::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:) which started with something like this: you love SRT don't you and then the usual cra.p followed :haha::haha::haha:
Tendulkar had two poor series ie. Pakistan and England in 2006 if you care to look beyond the blinkers of meaningless stats like averaging 40 in yada yada yada.
Nothing to do with blinkers of meaningless stats- i think you are taking a more blinkered perspective on this than you think. Lets see- Tendulkar was horrible last time Australia was in India (utterly failing in 3 of 4 innings), then he was horrible against South Africa( 50-odd runs in 3 innings), did well against Pakistan ( 250 runs in 5 innins), pretty bad against Sri Lanka ( 190-odd in 5 innings), terrible in Pakistan and against England in 2006, mediocre in South Africa(yes, tough pitches and a crucial innings, but 180-odd runs in 6 innings is a failure) and again, only above-average in England. That is, simply speaking, an inexcusable run of form to persist in test cricket unless the subject can PROVE their form again in domestic/county cricket.
Said the same thing' date=' and then came the bumper attack (which is not personal and he's very objective :giggle::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:) which started with something like this: you love SRT don't you and then the usual cra.p followed :haha::haha::haha:[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Some fertile minded idiots blah blah... idiots they said this about SRT.....fools they said that abt SRT, dimwits they dwell on meaningless stats. :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: Completely agree, thats exactly what i said U should really patent your gifted IQ. Yet to come across a two liner from you, which had more sense than smileys:cantstop:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Some fertile minded idiots blah blah... idiots they said this about SRT.....fools they said that abt SRT, dimwits they dwell on meaningless stats. :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: Completely agree, thats exactly what i said U should really patent your gifted IQ. Yet to come across a two liner from you, which had more sense than smileys:cantstop:
Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment, thanks :hatsoff:
Nothing to do with blinkers of meaningless stats- i think you are taking a more blinkered perspective on this than you think. Lets see- Tendulkar was horrible last time Australia was in India (utterly failing in 3 of 4 innings), then he was horrible against South Africa( 50-odd runs in 3 innings), did well against Pakistan ( 250 runs in 5 innins), pretty bad against Sri Lanka ( 190-odd in 5 innings), terrible in Pakistan and against England in 2006, mediocre in South Africa(yes, tough pitches and a crucial innings, but 180-odd runs in 6 innings is a failure) and again, only above-average in England. That is, simply speaking, an inexcusable run of form to persist in test cricket unless the subject can PROVE their form again in domestic/county cricket.
Let's see without blinkers and with context : 1. Tendulkar was rushed back in the Aussie series from a career threatening injury and helped India win one test out of two that he played. 2. Failed against South Africa in a two test series. 3. Did very well against Pakistan in a three test series. 4. Did decent enough against Sri Lanka setting up a test victory in one of the two tests which saw any play. 5. Failed against Pakistan 6. Failed against England with a shoulder injury which kept him out for 6+ months. 7. Second highest scorer in South Africa upon return from injury in a low scoring series. 8. Set up crucial totals against England playing a pivotal role in our win there and two of his failures were in entirely meaningless innings. Two outright series failures do not call for the dropping of a great like Tendulkar, else Ponting would be on his way out as well.