FAO : Tendulkar rubbishers

By the way' date=' since you're so smart why don't you show us how fair you have been as an objective critic as you claim to be with regards to SRT and RD's slumps. Don't bother, my IQ (what's that?) isn't enough to understand your high level BS :(([/quote'] Huh ? Why are you so upset ?:haha: Just want to try your own meds at you. Didnt mean to insult you. See how easy it is to post such petty insults & smileys. This is what you've been doing in 90% of your posts. Put some effort in to your posts!
Huh ? Why are you so upset ?:haha: Just want to try your own meds at you. Didnt mean to insult you. See how easy it is to post such petty insults & smileys. This is what you've been doing in 90% of your posts. Put some effort in to your posts!
I'm a school girl that's why :haha::haha:. And who said I'm insulted? If anything I'm quite happy being criticized by you. Oh wait, since you said it, I must feel insulted deeply even if that's not the case :((:omg: Although I just had an insight into your brilliant mind and realized you've been right about SRT all along. With that amazing ability to discount runs from an innings, I'm sure you can prove how SRT failed to keep 35 avg against Pak and Aus just as you predicted. Hats off to you dude :hatsoff:
1. Tendulkar was rushed back in the Aussie series from a career threatening injury and helped India win one test out of two that he played.
Yes, but i don't think an in-form domestic batsman of some potential(ie, picked on merits) would've done any worse than Tendulkar in those two matches.
2. Failed against South Africa in a two test series.
And that is a failure. Who cares if its a 2 test-3 test-5 test series ? It matters not a jot whether the series are made into 1 match series- i think its the sequence of matches doing pretty crappy is what matters. two test match failure against South Africa made it 7 innings with only 1 50+ score. YES, thats 'alarm bells' time.
3. Did very well against Pakistan in a three test series.
Yup. No disagreements. He did well there and put a stop to his skid by getting 50+ in 3 of the next 5 innings. But then he again went 8 innings with only 1 50+(also a 100) score. My point is, whether Tendulkar is injured or not, his second skid, along with his first skid being interrupted by only ONE SERIES, should've seen him off the test team and playing domestic cricket. Yes, i grant that Tendulkar did average/adequately for a top 6 batsman in England and in South Africa- but by NO STRETCH of imagination was Tendulkar playing like 'the best batsman on the planet' in those two series. But my point is, i did not think his selection for the England in India series or India going to South Africa was justified on performance basis. Ie, you can always use 'hindsight is 20/20', 'i told you so' for a great player like Tendulkar when he comes out of his slump but that is not my point. My point is, if there is one thing we should learn from the Aussies is their ruthless selection policy. They had no problems dropping Shane Warne for performance even back in the 90s- Steve Waugh retired after a 'Tendulkar-ish' patch of bad run and he had the 'captaincy tag' to keep him in the team. Punter is already feeling the murmurs after a very short period of slump. They don't tolerate prolonged failure, nomatter who you are. As a result, their players find form in the domestic scenes and come back to test teams when fully fit & the performance of the TEAM does not drop. For example, whether you are McGrath or some gully cricketer, Aussies make a player comming out of injury atleast a few matches in the domestic season(if its on, shortly starting at the frame of reference) before using them in Tests again. Meanwhile India does 1 ad-hoc challenger trophy demonstration after a 5-6 month break and then bring back Tendy. My issue with Tendulkar's selection through this bad patch is not something against Tendulkar, its against BCCI, since this is a procedural oversight to the best interests of Indian cricket.
Yes, but i don't think an in-form domestic batsman of some potential(ie, picked on merits) would've done any worse than Tendulkar in those two matches.
Let's have the name of the batsman who could have played that 55 run knock in Bombay to set India up for a win and include him into the test team ASAP.
two test match failure against South Africa made it 7 innings with only 1 50+ score. YES, thats 'alarm bells' time.
I don't hear those alarm bells going off in Australia during Ponting's slump nor did I hear them till the very end of the lean patch for Hayden.
Yes, i grant that Tendulkar did average/adequately for a top 6 batsman in England and in South Africa- but by NO STRETCH of imagination was Tendulkar playing like 'the best batsman on the planet' in those two series. But my point is, i did not think his selection for the England in India series or India going to South Africa was justified on performance basis.
Where did I say that Tendulkar played like the best batsman on the planet during those series. It was you and several other who were saying he played poorly despite being among the top run getters in the series, to the extent of a nonsensical comparison of his average with Kumble completely ignoring match situations and the fact that two of his failures in England were in utterly meaningless innings.
Ie, you can always use 'hindsight is 20/20', 'i told you so' for a great player like Tendulkar when he comes out of his slump but that is not my point. My point is, if there is one thing we should learn from the Aussies is their ruthless selection policy.
Hindsight? Hindsight would have been if I had not backed him and would have piled stuff on to others after he succeeded. Sorry, this is not called hindsight, it's called good judgement.
My issue with Tendulkar's selection through this bad patch is not something against Tendulkar, its against BCCI, since this is a procedural oversight to the best interests of Indian cricket.
That's a fair point, but it was not even discussed earlier. At that time it was comprehensive obituary writing times for Tendulkar's test career.
Let's have the name of the batsman who could have played that 55 run knock in Bombay to set India up for a win and include him into the test team ASAP.
Perhaps nobody...but thats just a one-dimentional view of looking at it- its like saying 'all the innings Tendulkar failed in, anyone else would've failed in too'- what on earth makes you think that no other batsmen could've scored 80+ runs in the three OTHER innings ?!
I don't hear those alarm bells going off in Australia during Ponting's slump nor did I hear them till the very end of the lean patch for Hayden.
Then i don't think you follow aussie cricketing news very well.
That's a fair point
Thank you.
but it was not even discussed earlier. At that time it was comprehensive obituary writing times for Tendulkar's test career.
Err- i said he should either retire or be dropped till he finds form again-both justifiable expectations. Nowhere did i say 'he is finished/toss him for good'.
Perhaps nobody...but thats just a one-dimentional view of looking at it- its like saying 'all the innings Tendulkar failed in, anyone else would've failed in too'- what on earth makes you think that no other batsmen could've scored 80+ runs in the three OTHER innings ?!
Our entire batting line up played at Nagpur and everyone failed. What makes you think that a Yuvraj would have scored there given the fact that he still can't buy a run against the Aussies 4 years later. And to play two test matches after a career threatening injury and play a match winning part in one of them is commendable regardless of what the numbers say.
Then i don't think you follow aussie cricketing news very well.
To a certain extent I do and the clamor for Hayden's dropping only heated up as the Ashes went on. But even so the team and selectors persisted with him and look at the rewards now. As for Ponting, I'll be interested in reading some news not coming from tabloids where his position is being questioned on the basis of his batting form.
Err- i said he should either retire or be dropped till he finds form again-both justifiable expectations. Nowhere did i say 'he is finished/toss him for good'.
If you are calling for the retirement of a batsman so vociferously, I would assume you think he is done and dusted.
1. Good perf with minimal blotches - Appreciate it very well 2. Good perf with bad things mixed in patches - Lukewarm appreciation 3. Bad perf - criticize 4. Spineless perf - throw the kitchen sink, and criticize harshly 5. Any combo of above with clear selfish behavior - then go back to #4 (equivalent) Whoever the cricketer, whether he is god of offside, onside or straight drive - does not matter
I am *not* anti-SRT, as much as the forum wants to classify me as such. I am neither for SRT nor anti. I criticize when he does bad and I would no matter whether he has 15K or 50K runs against the cricinfo stats db. I have been more angry in the heat of some moments, however, by and large I will criticize anyone - no matter it is SRT, SG or RD or AK or whoever if they make mistakes. No "special treatment" needed.
Not for odd failure shwetabh. Please - not for odd failure. Numerous are the times in 2nd Inn when we have been desperate for a batting leader to take charge and show the world the class. Numerous are the times we have been desperate and praying for a class display. High expectations? Sometimes yes. Sometimes these are reasonable expectations. But such expectations are there.
Ok, then a question or two for you fineleg: 1. Why do you have high expectation from Sachin alone, if he is as good or bad as any other player? I didn't see you creating threads lambasting Jaffer in the last three tests, Dravid in the first two tests, Yuvi in the first two tests, Dhoni in this series for batting and so on? Why? Why don't you have expectations from them? 2.You were quite angry with Sachin getting dismissed for 13 in the second inning here but I witnessed no such thing for Dravid? Why? Not even for Ganguly and Jaffer. Why? 3. When VVS was batting with the tailenders and giving them strike, I did not read a single "VVS is selfish" thread from you or cursing him for not shielding the tailenders even once. Why? In fact there was no criticism of VVS getting dismissed despite being set. Why? So your comment that you are not anti SRT and all the players are same to you doesn't seem true. Are you are saying that just to please yourself? Because all the above comments from me show that you have something against SRT.

And, why will I have something "against SRT" chandan? Do I have a personal fight with him? He happens to be a batsman in the team I support. If he does not perform well enough to draw or win a match, then thats what I have "against SRT" There is nothing else against him. Since he is not known to me personally.

Chandan, 1. Dravid has not had a long run of failure yet. 2. YS - I've been calling him Yuseless ever since he has been yuseless in Aus. MSD - becos of his keeping, I've been less vocal on his batting, still i've criticized him. WJ - Already i've said kick him out. Enuff chances given to this FTB wj. VVS - I've lambasted him many times for doing this with tailenders (may not have been all on this forum).

And, why will I have something "against SRT" chandan? Do I have a personal fight with him? He happens to be a batsman in the team I support. If he does not perform well enough to draw or win a match, then thats what I have "against SRT" There is nothing else against him. Since he is not known to me personally.
Why will you have anything against him? For the same reason, you suppose someone worships him!! Why should anyone worship him, if I may ask you? Why do YOU think that someone is a Sachin worshipper? Just because he praises him? And if you think that way, why shouldn't others believe that YOU have something against him?
Chandan, 1. Dravid has not had a long run of failure yet. 2. YS - I've been calling him Yuseless ever since he has been yuseless in Aus. MSD - becos of his keeping, I've been less vocal on his batting, still i've criticized him. WJ - Already i've said kick him out. Enuff chances given to this FTB wj. VVS - I've lambasted him many times for doing this with tailenders (may not have been all on this forum).
1. Dravid has had a LONG run of failure. In fact ever since SA test seies in the end of 2006, he hit a 50 for the first time against Pak in India at Eden, if you don't include BD. And you criticise players for their every failure, don't you? Then how come there was so much frustration on Sachin's failure in the second inning while not even a word against Dravid's failure? (Thank God you didn't do so. But it still doesn't back your claim of treating every player as same) 2. Didn't see separate threads or calls cursing or abusing Yuvi. MSD, for keeping? Nah. You criticise everyone for his bad performance don't you? And I don't think Sachin was dropping catches in the field during the period. Also, Dhoni is in the team, especially for his batting. But no calls on his batting. No criticism. How can you say that you thing every player is the same, if you don't treat them as same?WJ- where are the threads to ask for his ouster? Where is the anguish on his failure? Abuse, curse, etc,? (I don't appereciate any abusing to anyone on a forum) 3. VVS--If you consider every player the same, you should have created a VVS-selfish thread (not that I'd have appreciated even this thread). But you didn't, which clearly says that you don't consider every player to be the same. You still have not answered why you have high expectations from only Sachin.
danra, your suggestion rejetted, rejettedu learn to deal with criticism of ur fav darling player(s) when they screw up :thumbs_down:
I hope u understands the word criticism...hell bend on accusing a player day in and day out can't be taken as criticism. He scores a fine 71 and your not satisfied. when he played that epic 154* at Sydney you were having a go at him for rotating the strike...no cricket pundits had that as an issue... Plz tell me..when you will be happy with Sachin?