Indian cricket has come along way..stats

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

Agreed that the likes of Umesh, Shami, Aaron, Ishant,Bumrah,Pandya and Bhuvi  might be bowling in 140+ on the avg: thru out.But from what ever be the sample size we have got , it is clearly evident that the results are far from satisfactory.Only Shami & to some extent Bhuvi comes any where close to that bench mark. They  need not be avg:ing  under 25 just as the ATG bowlers used to do.But it has to be  atleast in the 26-30 range, i mean  all four bowlers in a playing elevenFor that I strongly feel the physical attributes which I specified are a must to maintain that intensity thru out.Other wise a few wkt taking  deliveries would be followed by  even more  no: of boundary balls which has been the case with all these bowlers in general.

Even Javagal Sreenath & Zaheer Khan bowled consistantly in 140s thru out but ended up as mere good bowlers only.For instance Sreenath with all the talent he possessed would have been an even better bowler had he been more physically well built.What ever it be, if we need to win consistantly  abroad  such fast bowlers are a must.Any way the batsmen & spinners are ok level .Fast bowling is the problem.

Those ATG pacers of the '70s , '80s and '90s  would have averaged  more these days due to  much better bats, better  protective gears, batsmen practicing against bowling machines, higher % of flatter pitches etc.

I don't think genetics are that important these days .... people overcome that by scientific fast-twitch muscle training, stamina training and strength training.

1)  You need a pace bowling culture to have a continuous stream of fast bowlers .... we have it now.

2)  You need multiple good pacers to enable the top pacers to maintain intensity. There has to be pressure from both ends and resting time for pacers when other pacers take over.  .... we have Shami, Umesh, Bhuvi, Ishant, Pandya, Bumrah now.

Never have we had 6 settled pacers in our team.  This is the key ..... multiple rookies don't win you matches.  New pacers need to be introduced one at a time.

We will see better results from now on.

Look at Philander, Abbott, Southee, Hazlewood .... the first 3 are medium pace and the 4th is fast-medium .... but they have done well in tests.  Anderson doing well bowling 127 k to 137 k these days .,.... a group of mature pacers make all the difference.

We are on the way to that.