Questions on team selected for triseries

bigdhoni7

I dont think it makes sense to waste a spot for a reserve wickie. We can always fly KKD in' date=' on a day's notice, if need be, or could have picked Dravid inplace of him, so we have a reserve keeper cum top order bat, option.[/quote'] He is in the squad because he hasnt done anything wrong. Lame excuse though :tounge_smile:
hmm recalling kaif to test cricket?? whom will u play him for?? our middle order is allready filled up.. whom do u want him to replace???
I dont replacce Kaif with anybody, He will get his chances through injuries or loss of form to Maharathis. A fine fielder (may be not at square leg..)

Sanjay Manjrekar: Time for youth to take over The 16-member Indian one-day squad for the Australian triangular [CB Series] has been announced, and I must confess I am quite happy and pleased to see a sense of purpose in the selection and some amount of maturity as well. In the past, there has been a tendency with a lot of selectors to go by the public mood and many a times Test match performances have been confused with one-day performances. So if you were to expect a typical Indian selector's decision then most of the players from the Test team would have been retained after that great win India had at Perth. But, the selectors have shown us they have a certain vision in mind, which is about youth in one-day cricket, and the Twenty20 success has reinforced this belief in youth as far as limited-overs cricket is concerned. They haven't let the vision they have in their mind get affected by Test match performances. A bold decision to get Sourav Ganguly out, but I support the decision. I think the time has come for youth to take over from people like Sourav Ganguly, who has made a handsome contribution to Indian one-day cricket over the last so many years. In Australia, where boundaries and sixes are not going to be as easy to come by for the batsmen, your running between the wickets and your prowess in the field is going to come to the fore; and I think that is where Sourav Ganguly has been sidelined, on that account. So I see a lot of sense in that decision. VVS Laxman has had a wonderful time in Test match cricket. In the past, that would have tempted a few selectors to put him in the one-day team but that would have not made sense. More ...

A lot has been talked about Strike Rates .....and why ganguly was axed because of his so called poor strike rate of 73 odd the last yr ' date=' just research on Raina's strike rate and how many runs he has scored , yes guys his SR is 72 at an amazing avg of 26.6[/quote'] Ganguly averages 23.45 vs the aussies in ODIs :finger:
what about the great raina
He averages 20 .. but he can field ... I am not supporting Raina and dont think he is the next SRT. The selectors had to make a tough call but this is the only way to get these guys out there. Whom do we plan to play in Aus in the next series. You reckon SG , RD and SRT will still be playing in 4 years time. They need to build up a side and get these youngsters a chance to have a go and see what its like in the Aussie Land. :pray:
He averages 20 .. but he can field ... I am not supporting Raina and dont think he is the next SRT. The selectors had to make a tough call but this is the only way to get these guys out there. Whom do we plan to play in Aus in the next series. You reckon SG , RD and SRT will still be playing in 4 years time. They need to build up a side and get these youngsters a chance to have a go and see what its like in the Aussie Land. :pray:
A lot has been said about building a side for the future in the past but it had backfired.I am all in for getting in new players , but the process should be gradual, the core members of the team shouldnt be chucked out completely if more so if they are in form. Ganguly's past record against australia doesnt matter , what matters is his present form , and what people term as slow SR has infact won us many matches last yr , a SR of 73 is no way slow as our players were not falling like a pack of cards , just before ganguly's comeback. Raina has been given a lot of chances that too for a yr , he managed an avg of 26 with a SR lesser than ganguly , neither was he anchoring the innings nor was he turning it on , he should be in the team based on his form in domestic matches but not at an expense on an in form player , he should play selective matches and get in the team gradually. Moreover what use is of the fielding is there are no runs to defend. This talk of age only happens in India , why cant be concentrate on the present , world cup is not the only criteria , look at australia people debut at the age of 30 over there , half their team is above 30 , do they think about replacements all the time , no .....form is the most important criteria.