Alaistair Cook Watch - Has the End begun?

sandeep

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

I think you being overly pessimistic. Always case when England lose ashes . All doom and gloom and over reaction 

plenty decent batsman around . Just need a run and chances imo . Look at vince , stonemam and Malan . Improving 

England planned poorly transition of new players that’s all . Some good players on horizon

It's not just that. And it's not an over reaction. It's from my perspective as a county cricket supporter. There has been a steady decline in the quality of batting and bowling in the County Championship for I would say a couple of years. Since the ECB started prioritising one day cricket around 2015. Probably longer ago than that even but I'm not going to say that Yorkshire won a weak competition in 2014! That year was the strongest season in terms of quality since the 60s :biggrin:

Edited by YCCC
4 hours ago, YCCC said:

It's not just that. And it's not an over reaction. It's from my perspective as a county cricket supporter. There has been a steady decline in the quality of batting and bowling in the County Championship for I would say a couple of years. Since the ECB started prioritising one day cricket around 2015. Probably longer ago than that even but I'm not going to say that Yorkshire won a weak competition in 2014! That year was the strongest season in terms of quality since the 60s :biggrin:

I think you are massively over hyping the strength of F.C. previously as if it was super strong producing all conquering England teams 

when teams had 2 overseas from best in world yes good .  But for 25 years it’s been exactly same as it is now . I see no difference

Same stuff . No spinners . Good medium pacers and some solids bats . There will be plenty more decent England players coming through .