K Gowtham for senior team

nsareen

15 hours ago, Brainfade said:

All kidding aside, I am a bit skeptical.  He seems like a Jayant Yadav type, maybe a bit more of a hitter.  

Jayant Yadav is an ordinary spinner but could have been a 40+ or 45+ average test batter if he had positioned himself as a batsman who can bowl, rather than the other way round.

He goes to the line of the ball to play, does not play away from his body, leaves and defends well, hits the ball crisply too. 

I was very impressed with his batting in the 4 tests against England, where he scored a 100+ a 50+ and a 28 not out.

The fact that has learnt his batting in seam friendly Lahli, has helped him as a batter.

Edited by express bowling
On 10/19/2017 at 7:32 AM, express bowling said:

Jayant Yadav is an ordinary spinner but could have been a 40+ or 45+ average test batter if he had positioned himself as a batsman who can bowl, rather than the other way round.

He goes to the line of the ball to play, does not play away from his body, leaves and defends well, hits the ball crisply too. 

I was very impressed with his batting in the 4 tests against England, where he scored a 100+ a 50+ and a 28 not out.

The fact that has learnt his batting in seam friendly Lahli, has helped him as a batter.

He was a very compact batsman. didn't look convincing against spin though when playing lyon and o'keefe.

Gowtham is no where in the same class as a batsman although he may be a better bowler.