Fastest bowlers from India, Top 10 list

Yantra

i think Lee and to a lesser extent Tait bowled very fast' date=' ranging in high to mid 140s ( 148 avg) peaking at 150 plus. Akthar used to bowl 135-140 peaking at 150+ Yadav bowls at 145 peaking at 150. On an average you can say Lee was fastest followed by Tait, not much to separate Yadav from Akthar..but it remains to be seen if Yadav can sustain it. Its a given that Yadav can probably never touch Akthar or Taits peak effort balls.[/quote'] true the fastest of akthar's tait's lee's and thompson's are almost untouchable but umesh's average speed is more than gud enough and he has increased his pace over his 5 yrs of comptive cricket which is hardly an indian stuff

India has three genuine quicks Ishant, Aaron, Umesh as they all can bowl average speed in mid 140"s, and can amp it up to 150's, so pace wise in the same league as Bond although Bond bowled smartly and used swing , yorkers, and pace very well.S Akhtar, Tait, Lee were all time fastest in terms of pace as they could bowl in low 150's when in full flow but that happens rarely, their average pace was similar to our quicks, also our bowlers are not only fast but sustain their pace through out. A good mentor and coach and this bowling unit can be devastating, with rookies Shami, Anwar, Suyal,in the frame and other bowlers like Tyagi, VRV, making a comeback and if they can show improvement.

I'm amazed people here find it hard to believe he was a genuine paceman. Only reason i can fathom for this is that typical indian inferiority complex. Well let me tell u he wasn't just another genuine 140+ paceman. he was out there in the league of express pace bowlers like Lee and Akhtar. He must have been at least among top 2 or three bowlers as far as pace was concerned.  U r talking about him bowling in mid 130's. Well that must have been at his retirement. See Morne Morkel now he bowls at the same pace now and he's considered a genuine pace bowler.  No pace bowler can retain his speed throughout the career. From the moment I landed eyes on him in 1991 australian tour I cd see he had something no other Indian pacemen ever have had till that time. I saw batsmen struggling getting hurt at his bowling. If u talk about pace he was no doubt among the express bowlers. Off course if u talk about wicket taking ability may be he was not at the same level but yet he averaged better than Zaheer Khan throughout his career.

Edited by pankaj421s
more points came to mind