Poll on forum policy

The Outsider

Poll on forum policy  

1. 1.

• Petty insults and any other abuse should be dealt with infractions leading to a ban
    • Petty insults should be discouraged(by edit/delete) but should not lead to a ban

Volunteering ? Are you kidding ? None of us have even seen your picture. We dont know your whereabouts. We dont know your networth. How can we take assurances from you on the financial liability part, seriously ? If someone threatens us with a multi-million dollar lawsuit, are you saying you are gonna foot the bill ? Not inviting trouble, is not hypocrisy. Its called common sense. As i said, you seem to have the drive. If you have the wherewithal you should do something about it. You can do it as an individual. Doesnt take much to setup a website. Take help from Hari, he has been involved in such campaigns before. A cricket site is simply not the right place to advance your religious povs.
Bumper, Couldn't have said it any better.

Yeah , Whatever it takes. We need BossBhai in good spirits and fine form for Adelaide
Dhondy is a very popular poster & a well respected member here. Suppose he wants you banned, because he doesnt like you, you are fine with such a ban right ? Ofcourse we need Dhondy in good form & spirit for the Adelaide test :haha:

Nope . CC is incorrigible. You have been a LIVE witness of that (many times). That is where I come from . Do you agree or Not ?
Am sure CC would say the same about you, DR or sandtest. Depends on who you want to listen to. This poll has made it very CLEAR that the majority here dont approve of the kinda moderation you want enforced on CC. You dont have to listen to us. But you must listen to the majority. Had the polls been in your favor, we'd have listened to the majority & banned CC by now. Respect the voice of the masses & let this issue slide. Start afresh!

Too much water under the bridge. We'll never be done talking about this. This is the bottom line. We started the poll to settle this & I guess we have. This poll has made it very CLEAR that the majority here dont approve of the kinda moderation you want enforced on CC. You dont have to listen to us. But you must listen to the majority. Had the polls been in your favor, we'd have listened to the majority & banned CC by now. End of story.

The poll is about a general policy.... Its not about BB V CC, As the Oscars suggest BB is most valued on Cricket Forums and the prudence says keep BB in good spirits... Why the **K anybody care about CC when he doesnt post on cricket forums noticeably... Fact is , it has become a ego war ! Man Management skills and diplomacy required

Sure I need clear answers on what happens when : 1. what is petty abuse and what is not ? 2. what happens if the poster never ceases to abuse/insult ? 3. how/why is it ok for anyone to resort to repeated abuse/insult in the first place ?
1) As per the poll, fool, idiot, chump, moron, retard etc are petty insults. But choot.iya, MC, BC etc arent. Any abuses involving family members or loved ones or ones that make sexual references arent petty insults, they are abuses. 2) If petty insults, as per the poll results, there is no moderation involved. Otherwise, if the abuse is reported, the poster will be dealt with using an infraction based system depending on the abuse. If it involves abuse to the family or some such serious kind, there is no infraction, its a straight ban! 3) Because its a message board. Petty insults arent abuses as per the social norms on the internet (as evident from the poll). Let this slide & start afresh!

The poll is about a general policy.... Its not about BB V CC, As the Oscars suggest BB is most valued on Cricket Forums and the prudence says keep BB in good spirits... Why the **K anybody care about CC when he doesnt post on cricket forums noticeably... Fact is , it has become a ego war ! Man Management skills and diplomacy required
TS, we've tried all the common sensical, logical, reasonable things any sane individual will try to get a resolution for this. This aint such a black & white issue. This shouldnt even have come up in public, in the first place. FFS, this is a message board. We all bi.tch about how Symmo went crying to his mommy at Sydney. Arent you guys approving of the same when BossBhai is doing a Symmo, here ? And trust me, this isnt about CC. If we overstep our bounds in this instance & make an exception, many of you will regret, sooner or later.

Volunteering ? Are you kidding ? None of us have even seen your picture. We dont know your whereabouts. We dont know your networth. How can we take assurances from you on the financial liability part, seriously ? If someone threatens us with a multi-million dollar lawsuit, are you saying you are gonna foot the bill ? Not inviting trouble, is not hypocrisy. Its called common sense. As i said, you seem to have the drive. If you have the wherewithal you should do something about it. You can do it as an individual. Doesnt take much to setup a website. Take help from Hari, he has been involved in such campaigns before. A cricket site is simply not the right place to advance your religious povs.
Bumper' date=' Couldn't have said it any better.[/quote'] This quote by Bumper sure makes sense. And abt CC1981 - no need to ban CC. He is a knowledgeable poster and adds value to this forum. Sometimes he can be a pain, but then that is dealt by bans when he goes overboard. The Mods can rein it in if needed. Regarding "policies" the vote % above conveys the majority.

Good you cleared that up. Else Holy was already on his way.
Judging by Holy's sudden disappearance you might be right actually :D I am starting a goonda system here. Goonda loge like me will run some sort of mafia network :haha: You pay me protection money in ICF$s and I will protect you from bad people :hysterical: I will also back you in arguments :giggle: We can talk about beating services via PM.