Dravid: What Next?

Sachinism

yes I still believe that tuk tuk cricket by Dravid cost us the melbourne test ' date=' go check the matchthread for what everyone said about that. Plodding along stupidly for a whole session, playing maiden after maiden in a row, and finally getting out, cost us the game as we collapsed . gavaskar , shastri, chappell and everyone said that and irrespective of what you say that is the truth. [/quote'] Experts say a lot of things. Do you believe every word of it? As talksport said we failed in that session but regained momentum in the 2nd. But couldn't carry on. How about if we assume that RD had scored a quickfire 30 and got out, and we were 120/3 and that collapse occurred. Now who is to be blamed?
Dravid has this test to come good and if he plays at 6 he still might ( for his sake I hope so), as far as this series is concerned he is a failure. one 90 in 7 inngs mena s he is a failure. His sequence of test match failures in last 2-3 series is much worse than Sehwag's , for whicch Sehwag was dropped. If Dravid doesnt click in 2nd inngs ( not a scratchy 40 etc, but a big one), his test place too will be in danger. Indian team and slots are not "gratitude awards" for past performances.Places have to be earned , and results delivered, or players will be dropped , whether ODIs or tests, and whether it is Dravid or Ganguly or Yuvraj or Dhoni or Tendulkar. Team India is much larger than individual players.
I never said that RD is not to be blamed. Of course he is to blamed because he hasn't scored adequate amount of runs. (btw if you consider RD a mega failure in this series what do you make of SG? he has scored the same number of runs). Obviously RD's place is not secure. But, we already have had two massive failures in this series (WJ, Yuv). So once their replacements come and if RD fails again against SA he will be dropped. No doubts about that. Btw, you have been so vocal in your support to Sehwag. And now you are suggesting RD be dropped because Sehwag was? Tit for tat?!
yes I still believe that tuk tuk cricket by Dravid cost us the melbourne test , go check the matchthread for what everyone said about that. Plodding along stupidly for a whole session, playing maiden after maiden in a row, and finally getting out, cost us the game as we collapsed . gavaskar , shastri, chappell and everyone said that and irrespective of what you say that is the truth. Dravid has this test to come good and if he plays at 6 he still might ( for his sake I hope so), as far as this series is concerned he is a failure. one 90 in 7 inngs mena s he is a failure. His sequence of test match failures in last 2-3 series is much worse than Sehwag's , for whicch Sehwag was dropped. If Dravid doesnt click in 2nd inngs ( not a scratchy 40 etc, but a big one), his test place too will be in danger. Indian team and slots are not "gratitude awards" for past performances.Places have to be earned , and results delivered, or players will be dropped , whether ODIs or tests, and whether it is Dravid or Ganguly or Yuvraj or Dhoni or Tendulkar. Team India is much larger than individual players.
Yes, yes, my point exactly.