I'll let public know when my time’s up: Gilchrist

King

http://publication.samachar.com/pub_article.php?id=1161834&navname=Sports%20&moreurl=http://publication.samachar.com/expressindia/sports/cricket.php&homeurl=http://sports.samachar.com I'll let public know when my time’s up: Gilchrist Agencies Posted online: Friday , January 25, 2008 at 1516 hrs IST Print EmailTo Editor Adelaide, January 25:: Adam Gilchrist, in his moment of glory, on Friday chose to take a dig at his detractors who have been suggesting the wicketkeeping-batting great is past his prime. “I have had critics pouncing on me whenever I tend to drop a catch but like Anil (Kumble) said the other day, I use it as a motivation to do well,” said Gilchrist, who broke the wicketkeeping record of 413 dismissals by grabbing the chance offered by Kumble as the last wicket of India’s first innings on Friday. Mark Boucher of South Africa held the previous mark of 413 wickets. Gilchrist urged his critics to stop speculating on his future and whether he was going to hang up his boots soon. “I heard someone say in commentary today that it appears I have to defend my position all the time. I just want everyone to know that I will let public and press know when my time’s up. It will be my decision and come from within.” Gilchrist has dropped a few catches in this series, including one of VVS Laxman on the first day, and he tended to see it as a part and parcel of the game. “When you play 96 games in a row, it happens. Frankly, whenever I have dropped a catch and given a thought about it later, I have realised that it happened because I was not 100 per cent focussed on the ball."

Gilly seems to be heavily bothered about his critics and the commentators on Channel 9. After the Sydney test match he was heard saying "Was it too late a declaration eh.. Tony?" It seems he gets ruffled far too easily. You can't expect not to have critics when things aren't going your way and why should everyone always continue to like him despite his form? I guess he is slowing waning. Not the same potent force anymore. There still will be few brilliant innings I think.

“When you play 96 games in a row, it happens. Frankly, whenever I have dropped a catch and given a thought about it later, I have realised that it happened because I was not 100 per cent focussed on the ball."
Undoubtdly, one of the modern day legends and a true ambassador of Australian Cricket in modern times along with S. Waugh, Lee and Warne. Cricket will be lesser without Gilly... I found his interviews are all honest.
Undoubtdly, one of the modern day legends and a true ambassador of Australian Cricket in modern times along with S. Waugh, Lee and Warne. Cricket will be lesser without Gilly... I found his interviews are all honest.
He thought Sydney was one of his top 5 wins.