Constant chopping & changing affecting confidence of players Like Rahul, Rahane, Bhuvi - Harsha Bhogle

Can’t entirely blame Kohli about dropping Rahane because of his recent loss of form. Rahane was the best bat overseas on last tour, however since he is working hard to evolve into an Odi/T20 bat it is no surprise that he is into his shot early in the tests matches and hence his tame dismissals. Didn’t help his case when spinners are around. When players like iyer, kl rahul, mayank agarwal around, selectors should not consider Rahane in the short formats and ask him to concentrate on the tests.

Vise versa, selectors should stop selecting players like Dhawan and Rohit in tests format.

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

Thanks I guess

I am sorry. I was in a rush. let us say a player named "A" is out to a yorker. Make him sit out for a match and let the batting analyst go over his shot selection/defense technique against this particular delivery over and over again. Work on his weakness to correct it. take him to the nets for hours to rectify it. Next time he comes he will be fine. Coaches will bench Lebron without hesitation if he is doing something wrong. There is no shame in that. Baseball player who dont perform are sent to minor leagues to work on their games. Nothing wrong is sitting out.

Bhogle is clueless.

Karthick is a prime example of someone who has improved his game.

Edited by Khota