Laxman disappointed for not being included in squad

Rohan495

Hyderabad (PTI): Stylish middle order batsman V V S Laxman on Thursday said he is disappointed for not being included in India's one-day team for the upcoming tri-series in Australia. "I am disappointed that I am not part of the one-day side. But I am looking forward to do well in both forms of the game and whenever the selectors feel that I will fit into the scheme of the things, I will be more than happy to play my role," Laxman told reporters here. "It is a great opportunity for a lot of youngsters to do well. Playing against Australia in Australia is a great challenge," he said. Talking about the recently-concluded Test series against Australia, Laxman said he is disappointed that India lost the series. "Overall, I think the result was a little disappointing. We went with a goal of winning the series but we lost it. It was disappointing. But I am proud with the way we all played there, especially after the Sydney Test, the way we played in Perth and the Adelaide Tests. I think it is very satisfying," he said.